Security Installer Community

Genie Or Samsung Techwin

Flash

Samsung make very good cameras, they are also lying tw**ts as they literally do lie (like most) on their marketing about their camera abilities.

If I had the choice I would buy only from a manu that told the truth.

Genie I have not used, so dont know.

Show me one, and I will be happy.

But on balance, I dont know genie, I do know samsung, so I would choose the devil I know.

Seriously though, if I had paid full price for three samsung cameras, I would be seeing them in court. (even though they are better than most, if not all)

Guest RJBsec
Samsung make very good cameras, they are also lying tw**ts as they literally do lie (like most) on their marketing about their camera abilities.

If I had the choice I would buy only from a manu that told the truth.

Genie I have not used, so dont know.

Show me one, and I will be happy.

But on balance, I dont know genie, I do know samsung, so I would choose the devil I know.

Seriously though, if I had paid full price for three samsung cameras, I would be seeing them in court. (even though they are better than most, if not all)

You doing a sponsored post?

id gor the samsung, but only because i have been impressed with any of the samsung stuff i have fitted

Thanks - I may go for one of the other samsung outdoor bullet models (rather than the Samsung Techwin) presuming they are similar/same quality. At least the cable is hidden with them.

Trying to decide whether to go for the Samsung Techwin SIR-4150, or perhaps an equivalent Genie camera...

What I don't like about the Samsung is its lack of cable management (& bracket).

Has anyone used any of the Genie INTUS range, or got any other outdoor ready IR camera brands I should consider?

Be gratefult for any help in deciding.

Ta

Flash

Hi there,

Well of course from a Genie point of view i might be seen as being biased. But the most noticable diffrences are.

SIR4150 --------------- INTUS ZD49IR

IP65 rating -------------- IP66 rating

24pc IR LED -------------- 42pc IR LED

520TVL Colour ----------- 560TVL Colour

Wall Mount ----------------Wall/Soffit Mount

12v DC --------------------12v DC / 24v AC

To be honest though we havent "benched" these systems side by side so any direct comparrisions would be hard to say. But i will say that the INTUS range is very good for low light conditions and when you are trying to get the most out of the IR Lighting.

Hope that this helps.

cheers,

Dan

Archived