Security Installer Community

Cctv Issue

Dear All,

I have a Dedicated Micros ICE camera i purchased last year from Security warehouse the problem i am facing is it is in a dennard housing and during the day it starts to flash on and off with the blue screen,

Is this something to do with the iris as i had tried adjusting the focus also it has the switches at the back for BLC is it better to have this switched on or off and is there anything else i should have switched on that would help this.

The camera has been mounted for about 5-6 months and within the last fortnight i have noticed during the day is starting to flicker

Your suggestions would be apprechiated.

Thanks in Advanced

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

''Blue screen' gives me the impression its more likely signal - or at least sync - dropping out than an iris problem.

It is only during the day it happens and when it is bright and it is intermittent not constant

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

''Blue screen' gives me the impression its more likely signal - or at least sync - dropping out than an iris problem.

I'd tend to agree with SUBS :yes:

If it was an iris related issue, you'd probably either see an over exposed image, or a very dark or black screen .... blue does suggest a loss of signal, so it's possible that there's a poor video connection, either on the external connector, or possibly even a dry solder joint inside the camera.

The fact that it's intermittent during the day suggests it may be temperature related.

Also worth checking that it's not a power supply related problem ....

If there's any way you can remove the camera and then run it on test on a bench, that would certainly make fault finding a lot easier.

Archived