Security Installer Community

Dvr Recommendations (4ch, Networked)

Flash

So having said the above (without teaching you to suck eggs) i would advise going to you customer and outlining what is actually required, if its adament that all of the above is required then the budget will need to be adjusted. Usually this is enough to get customers to rethink. Then ofcourse with a better budget or a reduced spec, the world is your oyster :) and dont for get that we (Genie) do a good ranged of DVR's!

Sorry to go off on one, but its a point that i think is worth mentioning.

cheers,

dan

I think he is the customer Dan, hence him asking elsewhere about a camera.

I think he is the customer Dan, hence him asking elsewhere about a camera.

Yes its for me. I agree with much of what is said and I should maybe rethink some of the options.

Coming from a networking background, I see the network/remote vieing side as vital, but will review other things I've mentioned..

Thanks,

Flash

Hi Flash

All these features are available on the 'Dynacolor' DVR units.

H264, Triplex, Lan, inbuilt Web-Server, Remote Viewing, Motion Detection (configurable), PTZ control, Buzzer Alarm, DVD-RW & USB ( for backups). The units also support the connection for 2 IP cameras (depends on the protocol). IR Remote handset, you can also purchase a 'wired' remote keypad so that the DVR can also be controlled from say the Counter. The outputs on the rear inc...VGA (for TFT monitor), Main Monitor (BNC for CCTV TFT or LCD-TV) & Call Monitor (BNC for seq or calling). The units are various pps from 100 upwards to 400pps.

Regards Paulus

Hi All.

I'm after a DVR with the following features and don't know which to look at as there as so many makes. Any recommendations much appreciated:

4 (or 8) channel;

triplex/pentaplex;

decent frame rate;

networked;

good remote viewing capability (good resolution, control, mobile phone viewable);

good motion detection control (i.e. select multiple areas);

PTZ control;

buzzer alarm (optional);

ftp/email video/picture upon alarm;

remote controller;

possibility to use with IP cameras as well as analogue(is this possible?);

Don't need dvd/cd writer in it necessarily.

Been looking for hours so any pointers would really help!

Thanks,

Flash

Archived