Security Installer Community

Domestic Standalone Dvr Advice Please

mumbles

Hi To all out there

I am new to all this cctv and securtiy stuff and iI feel a little over my head but I need help with an issue I have and wondered if anyone could recomend equipment to me and give advice.

The problem I am having is I have lived in a quite village for three years with no problems at all and have two very good neighbours either side of me - however there is a residential caravan park at the back of me and someone new has just moved into the end caravan and keeps complaining about my dog barking. I have even been sent a letter from the council telling me if I do not take action they will have to take measure???. The dog I have is an akita and I could count how many times he has barked in 3 years on one hand - they are almost a silent breed. I have spoken to my good neighbours and they have said that they have never heard him barking and both are at home all day.

So what I would like to do is set up a standalone dvr to record the dog run at all times thus proving that this bloke is just picking on me for some reason.

I have been looking at dvr's and I am a bit lost so I could do with a couple of recommendation - I want a dvr that has aleast two audio in, and has internet access with good recording frame rate - that can take up to 4 cameras and will not brake the bank.

Has anyone got any recommentations on domestic dvr's???

Can anyone help me

those people will allways find something to complain about. next thing will be brb that u have to high fence and blocking sun to caravn park.

Hi To all out there

I am new to all this cctv and securtiy stuff and iI feel a little over my head but I need help with an issue I have and wondered if anyone could recomend equipment to me and give advice.

The problem I am having is I have lived in a quite village for three years with no problems at all and have two very good neighbours either side of me - however there is a residential caravan park at the back of me and someone new has just moved into the end caravan and keeps complaining about my dog barking. I have even been sent a letter from the council telling me if I do not take action they will have to take measure???. The dog I have is an akita and I could count how many times he has barked in 3 years on one hand - they are almost a silent breed. I have spoken to my good neighbours and they have said that they have never heard him barking and both are at home all day.

So what I would like to do is set up a standalone dvr to record the dog run at all times thus proving that this bloke is just picking on me for some reason.

I have been looking at dvr's and I am a bit lost so I could do with a couple of recommendation - I want a dvr that has aleast two audio in, and has internet access with good recording frame rate - that can take up to 4 cameras and will not brake the bank.

Has anyone got any recommentations on domestic dvr's???

Can anyone help me

• 1 year later...

simplest surely, board the dog out for a month or so, if they don't complain during that time perhapas they have a point. otherwise if they do again complain about 'your' dog barking while away - show them the kennel receipt and explain can't be YOUR dog, and the dog don't do ventriloquism

the issue with using a DVR, searching recordings based on sounds rather than movement will be fairly hard work, perhaps get a noise activated recorder (Ebay), then it will record any sound made and prove the point either way.

alternatively, there are training collars that give troublesome barking dogs a harmless squirt of air when it barks, i'd fit one and see how much gas it uses over a week, might just be your normally placid quiet dog, pines when you go out (as many dogs do).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

If you can bear to talk them, get the pikey to make a note of the time and date of the dog noises and that way you would heave a head start when searching on the dvr in the future.

option 1: Go round to the pikeys yard and do him in.

option 2: Get the dog put down.

option 3: Let the pikey put the dog down to save on costs and neighbour relations.

option 4: Get a cheapy four channel dvr from Maplins (do the job just fine).

option 5: Ignore me and take advice from the other guys!

Archived