Security Installer Community

Plc Adapter To Router For Wireless

madkad

Hi

I have just got a new service provider and now trying to set up my netgear router to my CCTV DVR player (OLD X-vision DVR With Lan)

I am going to get it set up I hope so that it can be viewed by me over the net, the manual says this can be done lol

OK so what I have is:

Netgear Router

to

\/

PLC Adapter by Ethernet

to

\/

the other PLC Adapter

to

\/

DVR by Ethernet

I have done a ping test on my pc that is wireless to the PLC Adapter and it was good

But I cant ping the ip of the DVR for some reason :(

Can any one help on what I need to do?

Sorry

how are you addressing all this kit?

When you say plc? you mean a logic controller? If so got a link?

James

Hi

this is some info that some one else has with them http://www.darrenwatt.com/tag/wireless/ don't know if that helps any, I cant find any direct info links sorry.

edit:

====

Technical Details

* Powerline adapters are the ideal way of creating a home network or complementing an existing WiFi network

* By providing a secure high speed connection and great service quality,

* Powerlines allow you to watch Standard and High Definition (HD) movies as well as play online games without interruption or pixilation; share photos, music and other media stored on a PC or compatible storage device anywhere in your home.

* Powerline Adapters will help you reach those areas of your home where Wi-Fi signal is either too weak or cannot reach.

* Supports speeds of up to 200Mbps. This can easily satisfy applications such as video, gaming, digital music, file sharing, and Internet browsing in the home. ###DS2 Compatible

==

Its what I had off my BT Vision, I thought it might be easier than setting up a wireless router to wireless router but could be wrong, I do have a Lynksy router if needed though

i see, plc means power line, not process level. My bad sorry i get you now.

If i were you id plug in a known device or plug the dvr into the router to confirm that the problem is at the dvr or due to your powerline network

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i see, plc means power line, not process level. My bad sorry i get you now.

If i were you id plug in a known device or plug the dvr into the router to confirm that the problem is at the dvr or due to your powerline network

Hi

OK NP I will do that tomorrow and see what happens.

I used to have it wired with a LAN straight to the PC and it worked like that, would that help in any way :)

I will report back one way or another hopefully sorted but I cant see it with my no how on these things lol

Thanks

What IP address is in the DVR? I suspect its not in the same range as the router. Netgear use the 192.168.0.xxx range by default so the DVR IP has to be in the same range

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hello

ok like a noob that I am, I so far now can ping the ip address, I reset the powerline adaptors using this page:

http://www.julianj.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Internet.Comtrend

and now I can ping the address, so first I am going to set up my pc software and see how that goes, then hopfully set it up for online for internet access.

Thanks everyone for your help and time, hope that link helps some one lol

Archived