Security Installer Community

New Home Cctv

Hi

I am in the process of looking for a CCTV system for the external areas of the home and front pavement and road. Im looking at a 4 camera system from CCTV42 using 3.8 - 11mm lens and their diamond range open faced domes. Just wanted to know for others if thsy are any good before shelling out £1000.

Thanks

Colin

£1000 installed would id assume be budget gear.

From an equipment choice point of view I would always recommend spended decent money on the dvr. Yes you can get a dvr for £100 but i can also get a car for that.

However your requirements may only need budget kit, so research well.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

£1000 installed would id assume be budget gear.

From an equipment choice point of view I would always recommend spended decent money on the dvr. Yes you can get a dvr for £100 but i can also get a car for that.

However your requirements may only need budget kit, so research well.

James

its not going to be a DM :rolleyes: CCTv is not defined on price alone

unless he will need/like broadcast quality, so horses for courses especially without seeing the site or knowing the concerns.

one 'budget' supplier is offering an ANPR camera at very reasonable costs, one of the cameras is in the garden but won't likely need ANPR for the lawn mowers will he?

while not kit i'd fit in a high end home or shopping center, more than capable for many home/small business users.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi

I am in the process of looking for a CCTV system for the external areas of the home and front pavement and road. Im looking at a 4 camera system from CCTV42 using 3.8 - 11mm lens and their diamond range open faced domes. Just wanted to know for others if thsy are any good before shelling out £1000.

Thanks

Colin

just a side note on lens's,

unless your not sure of what you want to see when your going to fit them, vari-focal lens will add about £120 (your site price guide) on 4 cameras. as a rough guide, what i do is with my phone camera i take a wide angle photo, turn phone 90 degs snap same area again to show client a test shot.

the 1st shot will be near 3.6mm (wide angle) while the second nearer 6-8mm (general purpose). tbh these are the most common lens, with 12mm and above used for alleyways or very long gardens.

wide angle will cover wider area but details like faces are smaller so much harder to see especially in playback, narrow angle will give larger clearer details but less scope.

Arfur

the techmaster app has a section for lens calculations also.

I do agree arf, horses for courses etc. as long as the end user understands that a £150 dvr isnt the same as a £3k one. you would be suprised at how many people believe they are. I also hate when people sell a chinese camera as SONY cos it has 1 component in it made by sony. SO wrong and not in anyway shape or form a sony camera

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

the techmaster app has a section for lens calculations also.

I do agree arf, horses for courses etc. as long as the end user understands that a £150 dvr isnt the same as a £3k one. you would be suprised at how many people believe they are. I also hate when people sell a chinese camera as SONY cos it has 1 component in it made by sony. SO wrong and not in anyway shape or form a sony camera

:)

i see it this way, would most people would go into Dixons/Currys/Comet and buy only a Nicon made cameras? while some would, most would look at others on price and specification superiority or simplicity in use. so imo as much as we are right to say its wise to buy the best you can afford, you can't really dictate it to them.

onless they want to see faces on every camera or ANPR, is it not better within their budget to have say 8 budget cameras and get more area covered, or 3 Hi-Res and miss where the felons entered from?

Arfur

Archived