Security Installer Community

Blank Bell Boxes on Banks etc

Guest Jlo

Hi,

I have noticed that some Bank, Builiding societys have alarms such as Chubb, //.National Installer.//, ABEL etc etc but quite a number of banks just a metal high security alarm box on the outside without the alarm name on it.

Is there a reason for this (Such as reducing the risk of the ARC being sabotaged) if they do not know what alarm company is maintaining the system? or is it just preference?

cheers

Jlo

jlo

I think most is to preference of the customer.

If u look at sainsburys, they have no names on there bells. Most national companys do not want another name next to there's.

I should part of it is also a security risk for banks, knowing which company to hit. they only got to get a fake t shirt and id and there in the bank.

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

just had a thought!!

u r in the trade and not planning to rob a bank!! :help::help:

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

Well thought it would be something to do over the weekend!!!!

No on a more serious note I am just a sad anorack who has an interest in alarms. I am waiting to be stopped by security one day as I am always the one that is checking out alarm boxes and which PIR's shops are using!!

cheers

Jlo

they only got to get a fake t shirt and id and there in the bank.

It's a bit more complicated than that ;)

18214[/snapback]

wot to get into the bank?

when i worked for a national company and got called to a bank or building society, if u had a young member of staff they would hardley ever as for id. They'd c your t shirt and paperwork and let u in.

The only place that used to be red hot on ID was (naming no names for security reasons) the blue shirted company that has recently murged with a dutch number.

They used to take your id and ring up there head office who would have a list of all the engineers names and photos. Then let u through there old airlock door systems, which was a bloody nightmare if u got called to it.

Trade Member

i was installing on banks about 10 years ago all over the country and most of the time i would turn up say for some extra works etc they would not check my id just let me in.

apart form when i did 3 installs in northen ireland chcked my id and phoned the office but found the people very nice way better than over here

once i was on an instal in kingston upon thames and the customer phoned our office and moaned at my boss as i sat on a desk in the rear office to make a call to our office. note the bank was in the middle of a refit..

• 1 year later...
They used to take your id and ring up there head office who would have a list of all the engineers names and photos. Then let u through there old airlock door systems, which was a bloody nightmare if u got called to it.

18215[/snapback]

Same here, 30 to 45mins to get ID checked 2mins to change a fuse in a PSU for cctv system due to cable pulled out on refit and a further 20mins trying to get out.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived