Security Installer Community

Remote Signalling Cctv

We currently only use Adpro or our own DVR and viseon for our cctv monitored jobs. Im thinking that i could do with a lower cost alternative and after checking out the dvr that Pete James has customised im wondering if my approach is the right one. I have seen this teleeye etc and wondered how it performs in the field. ive also seen members talk of some of the unbranded systems that seem to perform well. Im bothered about changing to something that looks good but performs badly in a remote monitored application ie DM. But also dont want to automatically ignore the lower cost alternatives. Does anything else work as well long term as adpro?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

imo alien has been a good long term reliability DVR, i'd also take a good look at the new version LJD's Leviathan DVR, the old one was truly excellent if overpriced at the time, and a pia if you ever needed to send it back for upgrades.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We have used Vista smart tell and smart disk and found very good. But TBH you cant knock a DS2 they just work very well, although it took me a bit to get my head round the zone config.

I've used Adpro, Smartel and DM (DVIP, SD, DS2) also used Veco quite a while back. Personally I like the DM option as its an all in one solution. I think RVRC deal better with Adpro and DM, I dont think they are as familiar with the Smartel. One advantage of DM is the client can remote view easily over t'internet as it has a built in webserver.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived