Security Installer Community

Which Wireless System To Go For?

vRS

• 2 weeks later...

I got some more quotes from a few local companies and i've decided that i'm going to go for the Visonic system and will be getting it fitted sometime next week.

Does anyone know if some alarm companies customise the systems and block or disable certain features that are available on the system?

What sort of stuff should i ask the engineer for when i have the system installed? Will i be able to get the installer/master codes from the engineer or do they not give them out? I'm just thinking if for example i wanted to add an additional PIR i could easily do it myself and save money but would i need an installer code do it?

cheers

Any company will put their own engineers code in the panel. Also will not divulge.

Certain parameters may be disabled or enabled, it all depends on your requirements.

The Visonic will let you as the end user do a fair amount of things, adding detector is not one of them unfortunately.

As for asking, ask for the user manual when the fitting starts, it will give you an idea how to operate the panel and give you the options that may be programmed.

I would have thought the installation would take no more than 4 hours so be quick reading up!

Id be suprised if any reputable installer gave you their installer code. It would immediatly weaken all other systems.

From my firms point of view. While it was on a service agreement we wouldnt give you the install manual or code.

When you employ an approved company certain guarantees come with it. Ie liability for incorrect setup, non performance etc. If you could access the installer menus then you could change anything leaving the installer liable. Also id expect giving the code out would invalidate their insurance.

You can ask but you may not get lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Modern control panels are highly configurable downto the software, inderstanding each elliment to best configure to your needs is what you pay for.

From reading a manual you might think 'double knock' as example of just one setting is a good idea to enable, and do so not realising it reduces your security.

The installer having given the engineer code to you accepts responsibility for you modifications, you get done and system don't perform th installers are put at risk.

We live I'n a world someone else is to blame and sue unfortunately.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived