Security Installer Community

Alien Dvr Player On Screen Vanished!

honorblekate

I have had an Alien DVR system in my house for a year, it was set up so i could view the cameras from my computer screen.

Suddenly the screen has vanished. I went on the Alien site and downloaded the 'software' but only a tiny screen came up, I have a Standard Version powered by IPPowerVision.

The guy that origionally installed it left a mess and i think was a cowboy, i have yet to find a reliable installer in Central London to clear up the mess. can anyone help with problem 1 and 2?

Thanks

Perhaps if it is actually under a year or just over calling the original installer first for some advice would be prudent.

After all he/she is bound to cover any warranty and in all fairness he/she should be given the chance to put anything right.

Also if you thought it was a bad or untidy installation you should have raised the matter earlier.

There are many reputable companies and sole traders in London, so I assume you mean you have not yet tried to find one as opposed to meaning you cannot find one capable of assisting on a fairly common machine, which is not a high end specification anyway. Although a well respected piece of equipment.

Something has obviously changed, have you tried a system restore on your computer to start with? You will not loose any data doing so.

I'm assuming your connecting via a network?is the machine powered up and the network ok?

I do concur that if You had concerns you would have been better to raise them earlier. Also there are plenty of decent installers you could find a few on here.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

on the front there is a network light, this should be on.

If your using Internet explorer do you get as far as the log in screen?

On the back there is a VGA output, plug your PC monitor on to see if there is a picture

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Perhaps if it is actually under a year or just over calling the original installer first for some advice would be prudent.

After all he/she is bound to cover any warranty and in all fairness he/she should be given the chance to put anything right.

Also if you thought it was a bad or untidy installation you should have raised the matter earlier.

There are many reputable companies and sole traders in London, so I assume you mean you have not yet tried to find one as opposed to meaning you cannot find one capable of assisting on a fairly common machine, which is not a high end specification anyway. Although a well respected piece of equipment.

Something has obviously changed, have you tried a system restore on your computer to start with? You will not loose any data doing so.

Thanks but when the original installer went AWOL in the middle of it all, of course i tried along with several others to track him down. As i was totally bed bound at the time ( I am disabled) he obvioulsy thought i was a mug who he could con) i used him in Good Faith as after several people came and looked at the possibility of installation, he assured me that he was capable and experienced.

It is over a year and the actual Manafactures were not really helpful when i asked them to give me the name of someone who could come and help.

I will try system restore, but i was afraid i might lose data. i also still need someone to come and 'finish off the job', ie tidy up the wires, show me how to work it properly. You say there are pleanty of peoplein Central London but having been conned once i am worried. So if anyone can recommend someone?

I'm under the impression that the client software is licensed with a serial code ?

I assume you are using a different cleint software downloaded of the web rather than the CD supllied with serial code on it ?

I'm under the impression that the client software is licensed with a serial code ?

I assume you are using a different cleint software downloaded of the web rather than the CD supllied with serial code on it ?

From the disc in front of me here, that is correct.

The con man who instaklled it went with the CD, also the Remote Control. I rang the Company and asked them for another and they said i could down load from the Internet.

on the front there is a network light, this should be on.

If your using Internet explorer do you get as far as the log in screen?

On the back there is a VGA output, plug your PC monitor on to see if there is a picture

Arfur

Thanks, there is a Network light on but it is very pale. The Power and Ready buttons are bight the Record occsionally flashes red.

I do not get even a Log in screen, and yes i am using Internet explorer, Windows XP which is what i have always been using

Could it have been glitched by a Microsoft Update? If ao what do I do?

You do seem to have had a bad time, not only with the installer but also the manufacturers.

Perhaps if you gave a postcode we could recommend a decent installer/maintainer for you.

Archived