Security Installer Community

Good Dvr Viewing Software

MACcomputers

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help im looking for a good viewing software for my clients DVR.

It needs to be capable of connecting to the DVR over the internet as well as on the network.

Have a time and date stamp on the exported file that can be read by any DVD played of PC, you might think this is a given but iv had problems with some software that don't offer time and date stamps as standard.

If possible support multi loggings and the most important is for it not to cost a arm and a leg.

We are using Xvision at the moment and im not that happy with it as there is no support that I can see.

Thanks for your help

Mark

More inf needed really, multiple viewers will require decent upload speed at the site, many modern dvr's will work with IE web browser, so a matte of network speed as well how your dvr handles the demand.

You can turn down the resolution for remote viewing, that won't affect local recording quality, but allow more users.

Be aware of DPA needs, privacy and so on.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

More inf needed really, multiple viewers will require decent upload speed at the site, many modern dvr's will work with IE web browser, so a matte of network speed as well how your dvr handles the demand.

You can turn down the resolution for remote viewing, that won't affect local recording quality, but allow more users.

Be aware of DPA needs, privacy and so on.

Arfur

I was thinking of the multi users in case the person need to access the unit off site and someone is logging into the software on-site, Im looking at the manuals and there is no mention of using a web browser to connect to the unit just software called network viewer.

Be worth putting the ip adress direct into IE to see what happens, on a simple alien dvr I have 4 users accessing, bit lumpy but tbh it is vfm not top line kit.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Be worth putting the ip adress direct into IE to see what happens, on a simple alien dvr I have 4 users accessing, bit lumpy but tbh it is vfm not top line kit.

Arfur

Looking at the manual its an old system, the other problem iv got is my client is 200 miles away from me, So cant just pop over and have a look.

Sorry to be a pain is there anything you can recommend as he is using Xvision and is not happy.

This is the first DVR install iv done, but iv had dealings with them as im a security officer in my main job

Good google for sending you here.

Personally I use the software on the DVR.

Your looking for third party I believe.

Keep looking here one of us will have done what your looking for and the answer will hopefully be forthcoming.

cheers

Archived