Security Installer Community

Grade 2 Or Grade 3

Duppers

Imho g2 dual path should only be used where you would normally use a digi instead of, but the phone line is very vulnerable. Everything else should be g3 comms, except vulnerable panels etc and higher that average risk. G2 is quite weak imho

agreed. marginal difference in cost for greater protection.

(oh & once i sort extended reporting - 100 x better, marginal extra cost :))

(similar to webway???)

No why, doesn't mean they are not but the national tend to be slower to react on things like this

Been able to do it on digis for ages, but they don't.

Their staff would have a nightmare, some of them struggle with standard Pins.

Although i agree its the best way forward, and i think we will be going that way. I would think insurers will make things happen when they get their head around it.

Moved my own comments to a different forum as realised I was wandering off topic.

Please delete the "non-post" thanks :)

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

All..sorry for slow response to get back...out a lot and constantly in meetings.

Mr P.....With dual path systems a comms fail (single path), followed by an activation is Police response, but if the reporting time on the single path is 25 hours (Gr 2)..you may get the activation before the comms fail, which may not come through for 24 hours? If the system can recognise that the alarm has come through on the alternate path and decide the other has failed, that's fine..you'll get a confirmed quickly....with a single path...cut the line and you get nothing else..key holder only. If I've missed the point, apologies..it's late!

Polling...you need to ask the provider how often they poll and how many failed polls constitute a failure to meet the reporting time of the Grade.

SIA & Nationals...there are a lot of Nationals using SIA 3, especially with Galaxies, and some are using this as the standard installation. Over 50% of our installations are SIA 3 on a Galaxy and using UDL for remote maintenance, that's IP/GPRS & GPRS/PSTN all via the RS485 or 232 (Galaxy), TTL on Texecom etc. The ARCs don't have a problem with SIA 3.

We handle approx 100 - 140 support calls per day, the majority assisting guys in the field to programme the comms side of the panel for SIA. Pins have been the norm for so long and a lot has been forgotten!

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Mr P.....With dual path systems a comms fail (single path), followed by an activation is Police response, but if the reporting time on the single path is 25 hours (Gr 2)..you may get the activation before the comms fail, which may not come through for 24 hours? If the system can recognise that the alarm has come through on the alternate path and decide the other has failed, that's fine..you'll get a confirmed quickly....with a single path...cut the line and you get nothing else..key holder only. If I've missed the point, apologies..it's late!

Thanks for the reply jim, point i was making is there are 4 options to G2 so "no better than a digi" imo is dependent on choice of option, not grade.

Archived