Security Installer Community

Help With Alarm System.... Please Read...

alarmman123

maybe the lounge pir saw you on entry due to open door.

yes, after thinking about it this could be the case as the lounge PIR is in the corner of the lounge not facing the door...

but it is facing a window and that window is opposite the door from the lounge to the hallway and you have to walk past this door to get to the keypad and the lounge door was open so that was probably the case

animated888.gif

Yes, they will.

Call them and ask for it to be put on test for a hour.

Assuming you have the passwords.

The whole point of the exercise is to duplicate the issue. So the logs should read the same. Then you know that was the problem in the first place.

yes, after thinking about it this could be the case as the lounge PIR is in the corner of the lounge not facing the door...

but it is facing a window and that window is opposite the door from the lounge to the hallway and you have to walk past this door to get to the keypad and the lounge door was open so that was probably the case

If the detector is not facing the door from the hall, it would not activate via your moving reflection on the window glass. It works on movement of heat.

it could activate due to the draft from openning the front door during these colder days, if the lounge door was open then you might have the cause.

if it is monitored for Police response, and has had a full activation as should happen if an intrussion had occurred, you should not be able to arm it again without either an engineers intervention, or remote reset by the monirtoring co. Operative, word though being SHOULD! And depends on things like confirmed activation.

You should also have of had at least a message if you are a registered key-holder eith the monitoring company.

As long as you have carefully checked the perimeter is secure, no signs of forced entry in or outside it's about as much as you can do. chances are it is simply a false alarm on entry, I'd close that lounge door meanwhile.

You will only know for sure when they return, do taking a leaf ftom 'only fools' now might just be a very good time - for a month in Florida ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Sorry, but if your able to set and unset a system that is connected to an ARC why have you not got passwords?

Were you not policed when this activated?

Did you have a reset proceedure or as probable you sent an abort, allowing a setting.

Something does not add up here if your a keyholder.

Sorry, but if your able to set and unset a system that is connected to an ARC why have you not got passwords?

Were you not policed when this activated?

Did you have a reset proceedure or as probable you sent an abort, allowing a setting.

Something does not add up here if your a keyholder.

i only know the code to arm/unarm the system.

i dont really wanna go into the settings or anything as i dont wanna mess anything up.

ill update the topic tomorrow when i get back from there

animated888.gif

Archived