Security Installer Community

Interesting Cctv Install And What Are They?

Driller

My understanding of DPA, private dwellings have no need to display signs, but a house used as an office for buisness would ned thm, and then they are only allowed to view 50% of the footpath.

that must be fun on a road with just a curb 'your' side :0.

Arfur

I'd agree look like cheap ir to me, but why the sunshield?

Decoy :whistle:

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I was under the impression that pointing CCTV cameras and recording on public land was not on? :unsure: Apparently not then.

Far too many myths about CCTV which is a surprise as the COP is free to download, and its fairly down to common sense cameras should not be able to see stuff that you wouldn't normally be able to see, i.e. through your neighbors teenage daughters bedroom window.

The COP can be downloaded HERE

Far too many myths about CCTV which is a surprise as the COP is free to download, and its fairly down to common sense cameras should not be able to see stuff that you wouldn't normally be able to see, i.e. through your neighbors teenage daughters bedroom window.

The COP can be downloaded HERE

Thanks Peter, I'll have a good read of that.

I was under the impression that pointing CCTV cameras and recording on public land was not on? :unsure: Apparently not then.

Installer's panel is just inside the entrance gate. I wonder how much silicon he used fixing those domes to the stone wall :lol:

could be suggested he did not us an expensive laser level for those two adjacent domes thats for sure :rolleyes: .

would it have been ta hard to get them the same height?

Arur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I'D also agree that houses are exempt

You are correct

Q: My neighbour has installed a CCTV camera and it is pointing towards my house/garden. Is this a breach of the Data Protection Act?

If your neighbour’s camera is installed on their residential property and being used for their own personal domestic use, they are unlikely to be breaching the Data Protection Act. This is because the use of CCTV cameras for domestic security purposes is exempt from the data protection principles. This applies when a person uses CCTV to protect their home from burglary, even if the camera overlooks the street or other areas near their home. If your neighbour is using CCTV for business purposes they will need to comply with the Act. If you are concerned about the use of domestic CCTV it may be worth contacting your local police. For more information

Assuming that the building is not a business

looking again, it seems there are 2 lens type apatures in that housing. Id say it must be a camera as it has a sunshield, so my money is either on some sort of twin camera setup, or camera and IR emitter.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived