Security Installer Community

Free Camera Viewing Software

ncohen

hi i'm looking for software that can connect to 4 ip cameras and allow me to view them from other pc's and iphone

i'm sure there must be something free out there or low priced...but from what i've seen i can't find anything free.

Thanks!

hi i'm looking for software that can connect to 4 ip cameras and allow me to view them from other pc's and iphone

i'm sure there must be something free out there or low priced...but from what i've seen i can't find anything free.

Thanks!

the problem with free software is it will be limited for 30 days or you will need to purchase a licence to run each ip camera and then you will be charged for your app for mobile. there is no cheap solution to ip cameras. or everyone would be using it.

some options.

1. milestone free (30 days) http://www.milestonesys.com/

2. NXU software (will run any ip ) http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/securitycam/NXUdatasheet.pdf

or 3. use a hybrid as items 1 & 2 above will also need storage then hybrid will still be cost effective.

thanks for the replies, these are old ip cameras my dad had in his offices. the only way to access them from outside the office is to have each one as a static ip and log into each one individually.

the cameras are intellinet network ip cameras.

not so bothered about storage just viewing really.

i have tried webcamxp and go1984 an it works on that but the prices get really silly when you have 4 cameras or so.

looking for software which isnt too badly priced!

thanks!

if you can log in indevidually, will simply setting them as 'favourites' in explorer serve your viewing needs?

each can be viewed in its own window, and you can view each window at the same time simply by resizing.

you only need one static ip, serve each camera by having its own port number, then port forwarded that from the router (google portforwarding),

Example to access -:

Camera 1 - (public ip address):210 (for port 210)

Camera 2 - (public ip address):220 (for port 220)

and so on.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if you can log in indevidually, will simply setting them as 'favourites' in explorer serve your viewing needs?

each can be viewed in its own window, and you can view each window at the same time simply by resizing.

you only need one static ip, serve each camera by having its own port number, then port forwarded that from the router (google portforwarding),

Example to access -:

Camera 1 - (public ip address):210 (for port 210)

Camera 2 - (public ip address):220 (for port 220)

and so on.

Arfur

i would like to have a program so i can view them all at once as that will save time logging into each one and so on. but thanks anyway as it does seem like a good idea if i cant find the software in the end!

do you just want to view them all (ie a quad split at the same time) ?

yeah if possible that would be better!

Ok I do have some ideas, but we have a virtual dvr and steamer service. We have a new interface on beta at the moment, if you want to try that and make suggestions on it etc, ill get you a 6 month licences for Nowt. Will allow remote streaming via any internet device, off site recordings for 31 days, alarms to a monitoring station, audio etc.

I will need feedback etc on it though.

Let me know

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived