Security Installer Community

Ds2 Password

potey

No it is only available to vetted members

Thanks anyway, at least there is a way, I'd better keep looking.

regards,

I might just have what your looking for but you would have to mail me

Many thanks.

Thanks anyway, at least there is a way, I'd better keep looking.

regards,

Many thanks.

You haven't made enough posts yet to be able to use the message system

I fly gassed up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just taken over a customer site this afternoon with a DS2 DVTX 16 Channel Unit - does anyone know if the password's stored on the Hard Disk only, as we're considering upgrading the drives. Sadly the customer's got a few keyboards on this unit, so doesn't really want to upgrade the whole thing due to the cost :(

I've obviously tried DM, but they just say to return it via the distribution channel, which will obviously cost the client, and their last chap had bled them dry - hence the falling out!

Anyone have any suggestions? I've opened the unit up, and there's a jumper there marked "Reset" - anyone know what that does?

Oh, and I've tried the backdoor password, to no avail, though it could only work for the older units...

There's a company in redditch called maxey moverly, they will be able to reset it for you, they will charge you for doing it, but it will be cheaper then sending the unit to D.M

Rang them, and they wanted £93+vat or something plus £12+vat carriage! Rang ADI and got a cost of £63ish +vat including carriage. May have to go down this route, have found a bootloader method for resetting the password which I've not tried yet, so will have to return tomorrow with the laptop and serial cable to give it a crack!

Archived