Security Installer Community

Pole Mounting An External Dome

Driller

Is this something you guys do much with vandal domes? If so is there a prefered way, swan bracket affair or direct mounting?

I've looked for a solution for the SVD4600 and haven't found anything other than a pendulum pole mount which isn't much use.

but sparse on the info, how accessable will it be to a villian with a scaffold pole or laddet to whack it with?

i.e. depends on loction and purpose as to whats sutable, if you feel it's likely to be'attacked' then a second camera is needed so they view the area beneath each other.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Is this something you guys do much with vandal domes? If so is there a prefered way, swan bracket affair or direct mounting?

I've looked for a solution for the SVD4600 and haven't found anything other than a pendulum pole mount which isn't much use.

We've mounted Samsung static domes to altron poles/towers before. If you use the STB-275VW bracket (fits the SVD-4600)together with altron clamp on leg brackets, or you can adapt the telemetry receiver brackets.

cheers Arfur, it would be in a position covered by another camera so not a problem. In fact my emphasis shouldn't have been on the "vandal" part at all, my mistake, I just need to mount an external dome on a pole to get it up high enough to look along the other side of a wall.

AS I have some other SVDs on STB275s already and I think I have an stb225 lying around somewhere-that was exactly the knd of solution I was after.

I'll check out Dm also, thanks.

ETA I reckon I'll get me to the local scrap merchant, grab a bit of ally and knock up something like this myself :) Mr Happy will be delighted :lol:

m143_2.jpg

Archived