Security Installer Community

Ptz On Vcl Orb006(Honeywell)

bry25_uk

i have a sentient h264 ptz dvr and a vcl orb0006(honeywell i believe) and am having trouble connecting them.

on the back of my dvr the interface has these connctions "+5,gnd,485b,485a,gnd,1no,1nc,gnd"

on the cctv camera i have "s.gnd,sync,data-,data+,0vs,+vs,vgnd,video,0vh,+vh"

according to the book on the dvr(lacking in detail to say the least!!) it supports rs232 and rs485.

i have established that the 0vs and +vs on camera are a 12v supply and the vgnd and video are the videio line.

i have connected these and have a picture, but am unable to get the PTZ side to work.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

so far i have power and signal, its just the ptz that i cant get to respond.

in the camera i have changes a dip switch which i am lead to believe has changed the protocol to pelco-d,

the dvr only supports pelco-p and d.

thaks

sorry, what do i connect the data +/- to??

in the camera i have changes a dip switch which i am lead to believe has changed the protocol to pelco-d,

thaks

I think you will find 485A/+, 485B/-

VCL domes are 24vAC

If memory serves me well (as if) the bank of 4 dips the factory default is 0000 I think you need 0100 or vice/versa.

thaks

does your dvr look like this .... if so it does not support a ptz. you will need a controller.

41DSvpXg04L._SS400_.jpg

hi, that pic is exactly what my dvr looks like and in the book it says it does support rs232/485 for ptz. in the menus i can set up protocol, address,baud etc for each channel.

i have linked the data+/- to the 485a/b with no response at all. the bank of 4 dips is how i have them set, this as far as i know is pelco-d.

Are all domes 24vac? mine appears to be working fine on 12vdc, would it still work?

thanks for your time people!!

Archived