Security Installer Community

Adt Galaxy Control Panel Problem

LukeStratton

Hi

What does it mean when a Galaxy Control Panel (ADT Branded) is displaying flashing ************ (asterisks) on the screen?

I don't think the alarm is still under an ADT contract so I was just wondering whether it was possible to get it working again? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks

Luke

Lost comms to the keypad. Had any work done/disconnected the keypad by accident etc?

Most guys on here could get that working, its a professional panel. You dont have to stick wirth ADT, we're an independent, and could sort that no bother.

Check to see if there is an agreement in place, if there is dependant on service level it may be a free fix. Also worth checking with your insurer if a regulated company is required to maintain the system.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Hi

Thanks for the info. I don't think there is an agreement in place. So if I open up the panel and check the connections to the keypad it should work?

Do I have to restart it or something? Only thing I'm worried about is it being set off and not being able to stop it. I'm pretty sure they have the codes.

I also noticed one of the PIRs is flashing rapidly.

Thanks

Luke

If you open it up it will need an engineer reset, thus locking the system out. (its asking for an ADT engineer code) As said before I'd recommend an NSI company (or SSAIB) who deal with Galaxy. Be sorted in a few hrs with no fuss imo. Could be a possible cable fault, so bear that in mind.

OK Very funny. Looks like I'm going to have to see if I can find a code. I know you can't give them out on here so thanks for all the help.

I'll try to sort it out without opening the panel but I doubt it.

Thanks

you wont find an eng code luke.

adt will charge a callout and may change the code to one of your choice.

i say may loosely!

you wont be able to do much more.best bet is to take earlier advice on getting some1 in to look at it

sorry cant help further.tbf most on here wont have the code and definately wouldnt give it out as that would compromise the purpose

of the industry we work in.

all the best good luck!

Yep, you wont get an engineers code for sure, I work in the industry and I only have a handful after 10 yrs or so. You wont be able to do anything without opening the panel, be it powercycle, check connections/voltages etc. For the price of a call out, your problems will be sorted in no time, I guarantee it

Archived