Security Installer Community

VCL Ademco AHDR 9 Problems Help!

Selsport69

Well I spoke to our network support dude and he says there must either be something wrong with your software or you must have some firewall software running on your PC (possibly as a service).

A known problem with Zone Alarm is with windows XP it can sometimes not remove properly so continues to filter IP packets, which can cause major problems (ive seen this a few times!). Also installing AOL (yuck) causes some problems as AOL use their own TCP/IP stack that overwrites the windows internal files, this is why AOL is such a nightmare to take off.

Could try re-installing the Ademco program, if this doesnt work you will have to either use the windows XP system restore thing that takes your computer back to a time long ago when all that existed was the operating system, or even better just put the manufacturer restore CD in the computer and reboot back to factory settings. Make sure you back-up any data you want to save otherwise it might get removed!

If there is any software you own but have lost the CD's to, send me a PM and I will see if I have that CD or anyone at work does.

Dale

Archived