Security Installer Community

Can you recommend a good system??

Guest Dan_Sykes

Hi Dan,

As stated above, it's a very easy install - especially if you're in the process of renovation as the property may be empty and so easier to left floor boards etc.

Other points tho:

keep your entry zones to a minimum - front door only is the best.

Id recomend a PIR in the hall (on an entry or part entry zone) as it prevents false alarms on a morning.

Do you have a dog/cat? Im assuming the kitchen is at the rear therefore it should be protected with either a PIR or a vibration detector on the window.

Expect a keypad to be a little bit bigger than a standard light switch.

I'd also like a PIR sensor in the detached garage, there is an underground pipe for the electrics can this be used or would a seperate pipe need to be laid?

The surveyor would advise on this - if they can use it then the cable MUST be screened.

Does your complete renovation include an electrical re-wire? If so then the sparky will be fitting smokes unless you tell him otherwise.

Good reliable stuff:

Gardtec,

Galaxy,

Menvier,

Texecom (Premier range)

but more inportant to get yourself a good, reliable installer. Your local crime prevention department will normally give out a list of approved alarm installers if you ring them and ask.

19330[/snapback]

i thought 240v smokes with bb were mandatory on new intallations/additions?

Guest Guest

Price seems a bit low, when you take the cost of the equipment off, theres not a lot left for labour, overheads and proffit.

I would have a look round your locallity and see what bellboxes are up and if you know anyone who has a system, ask them what they think.

And as the other guys have said get three quotes before doing anything.

Colin.

Archived