Security Installer Community

Techwin Svr450 Just Awful!

Driller

I've had an SVR960 for a few years now and it's been great, very reliable and ergonomic to use. So when a friend of mine asked me to install 4 cameras for him I got some Techwin and Bosch/Extreme cameras and an SVR450 for him without hesitation. Since then I've realised that this was an awful mistake. The cameras are great but and there is practically no resemblance between the SVR 450 and the 960.

Eg when reviewing material you can't go faster than 4x speed which is just tedius, connectivity is very limited, networking bolshy and the general response of the unit to control is sluggish at best to name just a few. No surprise that it has been discontinued.

I have a family member who wants a system installing and intend to get the DVR with eyes wide open this time. I am still impressed with the overall quality of Techwin stuff (SVR450 aside) so can anyone give a "big up" for a decent 4 camera techwin DVR which has user friendly functionality and just "works"?

SVR-480? SRD-450?

Many thanks as ever.

SRD-470

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I have a family member who wants a system installing and intend to get the DVR with eyes wide open this time. I am still impressed with the overall quality of Techwin stuff (SVR450 aside) so can anyone give a "big up" for a decent 4 camera techwin DVR which has user friendly functionality and just "works"?

SVR-480? SRD-450?

Agreed about the Techwin stuff very user friendly.

Never used the SVR450 but will know to stay away from it now, thanks!

SRD-470D, SHR-6040 and SHR-6042 are all good IMO.

Great stuff, thanks guys I will go and check those out right away.

Great stuff, thanks guys I will go and check those out right away.

Just had a look and see that the SRD470 is the one with build in LCD screen. I could have sworn that someone here said that this was terrible. Was there a previous LCD screen model I might be getting mixed up with?

Archived