Security Installer Community

New Monitoring Install

dhvision

Hello there,

My name is Danny and I work for a company that looks after one of the biggest pub chains in the country, basically they've asked us to install CCTV in their pubs and provide a 24hr control suite, rather than just subcontract out to another firm and give the remote centre to someone else we are going to provide a quote. I'd like to get your views on whats the best equipment on the market at the moment, obviously there is a budget per job so we cant go too mad, its mainly just the DVRs and the central software I need advice on, the camera's are already in the premises. A couple of distributers have recommended Avermedia stuff and their CM3000 Gold software, I have a copy of it and have had a play around with that and it seems okay if not a little 'clunky'. Another firm have suggested Dynamic gear with their DVRs and Central management software.

I'd also be interested to hear from installers who fit these types of systems as we would look to sub out individual jobs.

Answers would greatly be appreciated

Dan

Hi Dan,

Have a look at Samsungs range of DVR's. We have lots of multi-site customers running these, including local authorities, department stores....

Monitoring software..

http://samsungcctv.com/product/file_data/manual/20110304_0_20110303NET-iviewer_2P_E.pdf

Alternatively if budget is priority...

http://www.aliendvr.com/

To be honest this gets technical very quickly depending on the expectation and requirements.

Are security staff expected to live monitor all the sites all the time or is the system expected to notify the security staff of a situation?

How will you log the reaction of your staff to situations or activations?

TBH most standard CMS will not be suffice, including the two you have mentioned (although its been a while).

Hi Fella's

Thanks for the replys,

Basically the suite will be manned by as many operators as needed 24hrs a day, they will respond to motion alarms as and when they come and can action it from there, be it a call to the customer or to notify the authorities. It will need to motion detecting alarms, need to have 2 way audio and all of the other spec needed for a control room. The Samsung stuff looks good, and as soon as you mention the name the customers will jump, but like you'd said its a bit pricier.

What do you think

Dan

To be honest it sounds like you are trying to offer a monitoring solution like an ARC using DVR CMS software.......................don't do it. There are british standards for a reason, sub the monitoring as a minimum.

You also need to consult with the local constabulary as they set guidelines for CCTV in licensed premises.

They are in charge of licensing across there region, they may well refuse an establishment the right to operate if their CCTV does not meet the standards.

Each police force throughout the country is at liberty to set its own requirements, most however follow the generic CCTV Code of Practice.

alterEGO is spot on!

As one of the biggest pub chains in the UK, if you are planning to react to motion alarms generated by on screen motion detection you will not only need to have the biggest control room in the UK but have the quickest broadband connection and I would nearly guarantee that all the software already mentioned would **** out in a matter of minutes going live with the number of activations.

I am not trying to discourage you from looking at the opportunity for your company, I would infact encourage you to do so and if after your initial investigations you still decide to provide a quote using your own control room, I would advise that you do so using someone who knows what they are doing as a paid consultant. It would be way too easy to quote a solution that has no chance of working.

Do consider subbing it out also, you may still earn money for you company through commission.

Archived