Security Installer Community

Camera Problems? Please Help

solo

Hello everyone

Im new to CCTV and was trying out a DIY install when i came across a problem.

The camera is an ir camera connected to a picolo pro 2 card in my pc.

When i cover the sensor the picture works but during the day, i.e when the sensor detects light it goes fuzzy? Do i have a camera thats not working properly?

Pictures attached of problem.

Sensor covered

a65d8a43.jpg

sensor open to daylight

109d2a31.jpg

Hope i have given all the relevant information. Thanks in advance for any help.

What seems to be the problem?

Good to know. I thought something was fishy as the personi got it of did not send me a power adaptor at first, had to dispute it to get the adaptor and now that i have tried it, it does not seem to work, can you recommend a decent camera? Has to work well in very very low light conditions.

Good to know. I thought something was fishy as the personi got it of did not send me a power adaptor at first, had to dispute it to get the adaptor and now that i have tried it, it does not seem to work, can you recommend a decent camera? Has to work well in very very low light conditions.

Its most likely the power supply when you cover the photocell the ir is trying to come on drawing more current and this in turn is dropping the voltage so you lose picture. What current is the PSU rated at? The easiest way to prove this is to put your multimeter across the voltage cover the sensor if the voltage drops then bingo

I have learned a lot about CCTV and other things since I've been on these forums. From what I have learned here, I would most definitely say your camera is "fooked".

:whistle:

I'm impressed, you really have been taking things in. :lol:

Its most likely the power supply when you cover the photocell the ir is trying to come on drawing more current and this in turn is dropping the voltage so you lose picture. What current is the PSU rated at? The easiest way to prove this is to put your multimeter across the voltage cover the sensor if the voltage drops then bingo

I think it fails when in daylight Pete.

I think it fails when in daylight Pete.

I struggled to work out what he was saying tbh but he said covered the sensor, I took that to mean photocell, which when covered will try to switch on the ir which in turn would draw more current no matter if it was day or night.

Sorry for the confusion. The camera has a bnc connection and a power connection. On the front of the camera where the LEDs are their is a little tiny sensor when I cover the sensor with my finger the picture works as in the photo. When I remove my finger and the sensor is exposed to light the picture goes fuzzy. When the camera is put in a dark place and the LEDs activate the image works but when the camera is in daylight the image goes fuzzy see pictures above.

Thanks for the help so far.

Archived