Security Installer Community

Initial Cable run installation advice needed

Guest Blaze

Guest RICHL

I took over a company which had installed a few so Ive had to learn a bit about them to do the PMs.

What a pile of kack! Having to enter the USER code just to do a walk test - how unprofessional is that!

Paul P - if you ever need a budget panel again try the Eurosec. It's in the same price bracket as the sterling but has clever features like letting you in and out of engineer mode without having to punch it, which is sadly where the "door stop" lets its self down!

Guest safeway-security

I was holding back from commenting on the mention of the sterling 10 out of politeness, then I carried on reading :lol: Its so true though, they are absolutely ****.... pyronix seem to rely on leggy blondes to sell there products rather than quality and reputation :P

Regarding Scantronic, I can't fault the 9651 so far for small (8zone) fits where price counts. Wired 2 up today in fact and apart from being a little tight inside the chasis, there great for the money (similar price to the sterling 10) so why buy pure ****?

Guest Adrian

B) Sterling 10 :angry::angry: when the 1st one I installed got hit by lightning, I should never have put another one back in its place, Its a constant pain just waiting for it to get hit again! The shame thing is I fitted as much lightning filtering kit as you could buy.

Ow well, :rolleyes:

Why not look at say a Gardtec 593 plenty of scope for expanstion and a very good panel.

Adrian B)

Thanks for the info everyone. Sounds like a new Panel is needed then !

What would be a good choice for the following ?

Zone 1 = Front Door with Door Contact

Zone 2 = Side Door with Door Contact

Zone 3 = Back Door with Door Contact

Zone 4 = Downstairs Hall with PIR

Zone 5 = Study with PIR

Zone 6 = Lounge with 1 PIR

Zone 7 = New (Front) Extension with 1 PIR for Kitchen

Zone 8 = New (Back) Extension with 1 PIR

Zone 9 = Upstairs Landing with PIR

Zone 10 = Upstairs Landing with Door (window) Contact

Zone 11 = Garage with Door Contact (x2), so may be zone 12 too

I also plan to have a:- Panic Button (Upstairs), Bell box and dummy, LCD Keypad with text display, Pet Immune sensors (and a suitable sensor for the Kitchen and Garage).

I was thinking of something like the Scantronic 9751 with 9954 8 zone hard wired expander. Sound OK ?

Sounds good to me. I would still recomend the detection systems 820s for the pet friendlys. Use a High quaility sounder as well. What other sensors you use is up to you.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

What about a Texecom Premier with an expander, or could just use two LCD keypads as these have two extra zones built-in. So could have one in the garage for arming/dissarming garage partition, and one in the house for arming/dissarming the home partition.

You should'nt have any trouble getting hold of a texecom premier which is a good panel and will do what you want.

Not meaning to be picky (!) but I would order the zones differently; looking directly at the front of the house and going round in a logical order eg. front door, hall PIR, etc. And with the larger zone descriptions you will have on your smart panel you can do "1 front door", "2 hall PIR" etc.

Usefull years down the line when you have lost all the docs!

Archived