Security Installer Community

Alien 508 Need Remote

david68

Hi

I have a Alien Hybrid System.... Model 508.

I have managed to download the manual for this, but i am in need of a remote control.

Can anybody help from where i can locate one from. If i cannot get one, will this limited me in the use of this machine?

It is a 16 ch DVR.

In the mean time i will view the PDF manual and find out what this machine can do.

Thanks

David

I thought the aliens were built boxes. The IR remote is useful but only in certain situations. ie it only duplicates the buttons on the the unit. So you dont 'need' it as such

Thanks James for replying.

Yes it is a built unit, it just when i brought from a guy and asked about any software for the machine, he quoted this:,

My question to him was:

Hi

Can you tell me if this comes with manual and software as described in the description, also how old is the unit and does everything work on the machine?

Answer

i normally use the built in web browser or the Hikvision software. please note this has a Hikvision card that is a top of the range card. The PC software can be downloaded from http://www.hikvision.com/en/download_more.asp?id=39

Remote Client V4.01 & User Manual.

That is all i know about this machine, until i mess about with it, so maybe this as been modified and an other card as been placed in to it?

I am just trying to get a better security system for my home, my system at the moment will show me something is happening outside, but if i needed it to rely on the system vandalism evidence, it would not be any good.

So hence i have came across this machine (Alien 508) hoping this will record better quality, next step is to find quality cameras.

Dave

i dont know the machine but i doubt its a 'top of the range' card

isnt alien a systemq product?

After some goggling this DVR is showing on System Q site, but it seems you need to be trade to go further in to their site, as for the card maybe it is the standard card for the machine, I emailed System q but i have never had a reply.

Anyway this machine is labeled as a Alien Hybrid Pro System, and after viewing descriptions on the web, i will have to see if it user friendly before i think about reselling it.

From my old basic dvr this machine is very big 440mm wide x 460mm deep.

Archived