Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 2x contacts on FSL ?

Guest IM_Alarms

or like early mosey's you might just need one shunt and one eol per circ rather than 2+ shunts etc,using the 3rd wire to carry thru.

19894[/snapback]

The panel use's 8 DEOL's or FSL (Fully Supervised Loop) as they call it :D

or 8 Closed Circuit Loops with a global tamper.

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest IM_Alarms

Thanks guys i'll give the single shunt, single eol a go. It's a shame you can't mix eol and n/c zones .......... but hey, scanny knows best

cheers

Guest markhills

I have had exactly the same experience with the scanny. I am used to installing galaxys so 'without consulting the manual' wired it in the same way - result tamper when the second door is opened. It is shown, although not too clearly, in the manual. Its the first time I have come across this phenomenon and it had me running around for a bit!! Thanks Scantronic

On a small domestic system using a 9651 there is a EOL zone which has two contacts on it. They are short runs, they have one EOL resistor and each contact has a 4K7 across it. The zone reads 2K2 normal / 6K9 with either door open / 11K6 with both doors open - Yet tampers with both doors open ??? I have seperated each core and tested each for continuity and insulation with clear results. I checked through the installation book and the diagram for FSL shows one contact only, yet has no mention of this being the only method. Is this true? Only one contact available on a EOL? Surely not! Maybe someone has hit this hurdle before?

Please help ................Thanks Guys

19827[/snapback]

Officially, its one contact per zone, (yes, unlike the Menvier way) however, you can if you have a spare core, wire it so that the "shunt" resistor covers both contacts.

Yes Scanny and Menvier designs are starting to blur together a bit, but both remain seperate brans with different ethos!

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

I have had exactly the same experience with the scanny. I am used to installing galaxys so 'without consulting the manual' wired it in the same way - result tamper when the second door is opened. It is shown, although not too clearly, in the manual. Its the first time I have come across this phenomenon and it had me running around for a bit!! Thanks Scantronic

19959[/snapback]

Moral of the story? Read the manual!!! Contact me if you have any other problems, Mick

Mick Gates

Regional Sales Manager- Intrusion Products

Bosch Security

www.boschsecurity.co.uk

Hi All

The one thing that has not been mentioned yet is the 9651 software fault. On early models there was a software fault which caused intermitent tamper faults, I know I had two panels like this. Cooper did send me two new chips though and touch wood both these 9651 are working fine now.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IM_Alarms

Thanks Wheelers !!!!!!!!!! Just as I thought I was going mad. Part way through trying to sort the first tamper problem out, another zone keeps tampering with only one device on it! Seems like I will be contacting Scantronic in the morning.......... basts

Never mind...... alll in a days work, lucky for me the Forum works hey? :lol:

Archived