Security Installer Community

How To Show Cctv On Domestic Tv

Realist

Your DVR will have a main monitor out in addition to the VGA you are already using. This will be a bnc connection, this is a composite signal that can input to your tv using the tvs av inputs. This signal could also be fed into a tv distribution system by modulating the composite signal but Really depends on what you have already in situ.

Bnc & vga main monitor outputs may not work simultaneously, depends on your DVR.

The DVR is made by Xvision X8 with BNC outputs. Im currently feeding the output to a BNC to VGA converter so I can watch it on a PC monitor, so all I need to do is send the feed from the BNC output and direct that into the TV's AV inputs via phono?

Regards

The DVR is made by Xvision X8 with BNC outputs. Im currently feeding the output to a BNC to VGA converter so I can watch it on a PC monitor, so all I need to do is send the feed from the BNC output and direct that into the TV's AV inputs via phono?

This will only get it to work on that one TV.

If you have a multiway aerial amp on your aerial, you can connect it to all the TV with a modulator.

Like this...

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/gallery/image/411-tv-modulator/

Also Read....

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/31956-watching-cctv-on-every-tv-around-the-house-info/page__fromsearch__1

As swb says.

You will need to set the modulator to an analogue channel. this will be a number between 21 and 69. Dont use 69 though as some tellies wont tune to that channel.

All received tv channels will be using a channel each, depends where in the country you are as to what these are. there is a rule of thumb to avoid cross channel interference.channels cant be 1,5, or 9 channels apart or you end up with problems.

Write down the numbers from 21 to 69 on a piece of paper. now put a circle around each used channel as you work it out ( modern tellies will tell you channel nmbers in the tuning menus. Once that is complete, cross out all numbers either side of a circled number. do the same but for 5 , and then 9 numbers away from each circle. you will now be able to see the free channels available.

Dont forget sky boxes/pvr/vcr's

You will need to set the modulator to an analogue channel. this will be a number between 21 and 69. Dont use 69 though as some tellies wont tune to that channel.

All received tv channels will be using a channel each, depends where in the country you are as to what these are. there is a rule of thumb to avoid cross channel interference.channels cant be 1,5, or 9 channels apart or you end up with problems.

Link to current channels in use

http://www.wolfbane.com/uktv.htm

I believe channels 35 and 37 are reserved, for local modulators/VCR etc.

I get the best picture on 46, but the north west has completely gone digital so no channels are used.

Sorry, but thats incorrect. the digital multiplex's still occupy channels up north, just not so easy to work out which ones, and an analogue modulator can and will interfere with those channels. if i see one of the aerial boys this morning i'll try and get a link to what channels those multiplex's occupy.

Sorry, but thats incorrect. the digital multiplex's still occupy channels up north, just not so easy to work out which ones, and an analogue modulator can and will interfere with those channels. if i see one of the aerial boys this morning i'll try and get a link to what channels those multiplex's occupy.

Edit: your post already has a link to those channels! . btw, its the analogue modulator that will interfere with the digital, not the other way round, unless a really expensive systems modulator is used.

Archived