Security Installer Community

How To Show Cctv On Domestic Tv

Realist

Sorry, but thats incorrect. the digital multiplex's still occupy channels up north, just not so easy to work out which ones, and an analogue modulator can and will interfere with those channels. if i see one of the aerial boys this morning i'll try and get a link to what channels those multiplex's occupy.

Sorry but it's not "incorrect".

Analogue is not broadcast in the North West, so no channels are used for analogue.

You can use an analogue modulator on the same channel as your digital reception, but your digital picture maybe effected.

As I mentioned 35 and 37 are reserved for local kit. But you may find that higher up channels have better quality.

Hence 46 for me, because 55-62 have digital broadcast on them.

As for digital transmissions the channel information can be found here.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/guidance/tech-guidance/dsodetails/

Humble appologies swb, i rolled outta bed and answered that one, not at my most careful before coffee :s

what i meant to say is just as you have stated, that an analogue rf modulator will interfere with digital signals, so you still need to choose your channel carefully to avoid loss of digital channels. the 1,5,9 rule still holds true. however, living in london, i wasnt aware they had assigned specific channels to use in home, a great idea though, will make everyones lives so much simpler.

Just to clarify, a channel number relates to a specific frequency, previously the centre frequency, and allows for the analogue sidebands too. with digital transmissions they are using the entire (previous) channel for the multiplex. hence a analogue modulator, which "spills over" onto other channels purely because its cheaper than making one that sits only on one channel, will affect digital transmissions, even if analogue transmissions have been turned off. incidentally, it is possible to buy modulators that do not spill over onto adjacent channels, but they are very very expensive

Archived