Security Installer Community

Intruder Courses

Steve Bates

Is not a btec nat in electronic engineering more appropriate than a vocational course? seems to me that the nvq's only prove you can do what your gonne learn to do working beside an engineer for a while, whereas a course educating theory may go beyond what that engineer can impart succesfully, and lead to a better understanding of the whole industry

Is not a btec nat in electronic engineering more appropriate than a vocational course? seems to me that the nvq's only prove you can do what your gonne learn to do working beside an engineer for a while, whereas a course educating theory may go beyond what that engineer can impart succesfully, and lead to a better understanding of the whole industry

A BTEC is probably a bit too much really

NVQ's are a record of what you have actually done, whereas a technical cert is just proof you passed the exam

C&G 1882 NVQ

NVQ Level 2 = Installation and team work

NVQ Level 3 = Service/Faults and leading a team

Plenty of mongs with and without NVQ's, good engineers are generally interested in what they do

Hey Ho, Lets Go

good engineers are generally interested in what they do

Yup, but a knowledge of electronics is less of a requirement imo these days, the industry has changed massively for the worse.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

only just but can you fail?

21 in my 'class' I got a distinction, one lad got a pass, 19 failed. I would say that is a very good example of our industry as a whole.

The exam was easy if you know how like anything. I got my days at college changed from once a week to once a quarter, it was a waste of time for the most part.

They actually changed the 1852 Intruder course in the end because so many failed where I went, when I did it, it was a level 3 qualification, now its level 2 :lol:

they binned it where I went.

well done

only 1 ? guess thats why you got a distinction ?

wow there more than one tree fairy out there ?

yep, and the class started with about 30.

Archived