Security Installer Community

What State Is The Alarm In When...

Avotronics

Hi,

If an alarm is set and the main entry door is opened breaking the door contact, the alarm beeps waiting for a code before the alarm sounds. What 'state' is the alarm in during that waiting/timeout period?

I'm just trying not fathom all the terms related to programming outputs and wondered about the above.

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

If an alarm is set and the main entry door is opened breaking the door contact, the alarm beeps waiting for a code before the alarm sounds. What 'state' is the alarm in during that waiting/timeout period?

I'm just trying not fathom all the terms related to programming outputs and wondered about the above.

Thanks

Danny

Its still set/armed until you either enter the code or swipe your fob then it becomes unset/disarmed. but if you do nothing and allow the entry time to expire the system will go into alarm

Screw it, looks like the veritas excel has no such options. Knew I should have got the premier :-/

You get what you pay for, the reason something is cheaper is usually because it has less features and options. A basic system is fine if all you need it for is to protect your property.

You can get the output you need using T relays and some jiggery pokery but it would be easier to use a panle that has the feature in the first place

Archived