Security Installer Community

Techvision Tv-700-8D Dvr Fault

npire1

Hi Does anyone know what has gone wrong with my Techvision TV-700-8D Dvr made by Shenzhen Techvision Co ltd . Was working for over a year and then after re booting itself a few times it will not display anything. It starts up and hard disc runs and lights flash etc but thats it. I know its a rubbish made in china unit but seems a shame to have to buy a new one unless I have to!

Ok thanks, so should I try another hard disk? I have an old pc with a tiny hard disc in it but not sure if its compatable or I have a Samsung slim external hard drive but the connector is by usb so not sure how I will connect it ?

Thanks for the help everyone. I emailed Inesun and after exchanging a few emails the only option would be to send it back (At my cost as warranty is expired) for them to check the board. Its not worth it as you can get them for less than £100. so have ordered an AVer Nano 8ch unit to replace it. I can at least use the old HD! As for the display I was using the VGA. I have tried the BNC (AV) but as there is no display I cannot see if the BNV (AV) is selected !

Archived