Security Installer Community

Which Wireless Would Be Best For Me Of These?

RC944

cheers for input so far!

i will be sticking with wireless unfortunately and will adapt choice of sounder so not backlit so it can remain wireless as well

it looks like given my spec the enforcer may be the only option but anything else i should be thinking of?

is the general preference for wired due to the limitation of wireless not being better than grade 2 or is it anything else? are there devices out there that can render the wireless ones redundant ie signal blockers etc?!

Any wireless system 'can' be jammed, but its easier to take out your phone line. Wireless systems are currently limited to grade 2 due to the size of the batteries required currently to meet grade 3

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If you're fitting it yourself the grade is irrelevant.

If you want any enforcer bits you can buy our spares because we've decided to stop fitting them with immediate effect.

care to share .... in trade

I have honestly not got it in me to bother. I've lost so much time/money over the last 6 months of deciding to install radio panels that I'm sick of hearing about them. Before we started fitting radio (6 months ago) we probably had 1 install call back a year - in the last 6 months we've been back to job after job and they are all (every single one of them) radio panels. I'd rather turn the work (those who insist on radio but don't want to pay sensible money) away.

I'd agree but if you spend decent money you don't get those problems. I can only speak for the rf gear we use and had a couple of issues with the early Honeywell stuff but mainly batt related. Havnt had a single call back for equipment since we started using the HKC wireless

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

No issues yet with the enforcer wireless or the visonic before that. That said we're don't do that much wireless

Had a few problems with the galaxy pirs and Europlex wireless kit

We have had no problems with the visonic or the enforcer kits.

We used to use galaxy but moved away for a few reasons. I have had good reports about the radio kit (which I've never used) - any downsides ??

Any issues with the enforcer kit at all?

Any wireless system 'can' be jammed, but its easier to take out your phone line. Wireless systems are currently limited to grade 2 due to the size of the batteries required currently to meet grade 3

i always thought size didnt matter but i guess it does

does this mean that in theory a grade 2 wireless could be a grade 3 if only the batteries lasted longer?

Archived