Security Installer Community

Crazy Vcl/honeywell Orbiter Dome Problem

Mackers

Recently just changed the DVR on one of our existing installations from a Honeywell (using the standard VCL telemetry protocol) for another which I have setup (changed the dome protocol as well) to operate using the Pelco P protocol.

Everthing works fine as previously until when the light level drops. All the domes installed have direct hardwired alarm inputs and IR lamps to suit. Now the domes are constantly changing from colour to black&white then back to colour in until there is enough daylight!!! We have confirmed that the auto iris is functioning on all the 4 domes etc. have disconnected the telemetry if clutched at straws and put one of the cameras back onto the old DVR to no avail. Tonight I have changed the Protocol back to the standard VCL and they are still constantly switching back and forth from day to night mode. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't factory default the camera at any stage before or after changing the protocol.

Any ideas would be appreciated because as far as my customer is concerned I have just broke his 4 domes...helpppp..

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas,

Dave

Can you adjust the switchover level, I have had this before on dennard 2060's. Most of them we installed we have replaced with spectra 4's. Alternativly you could put a filter on them to slightly lower the light or adjust the ir positions to lower the light level. Can't see why it would start up though, you definetly have changed anything else or cleaned anything?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived