Security Installer Community

Pc5010 Engineer In Yorkshire, Help Required

mberg

Mr Happy - The out buildings i want covered by the same house alarm so no need for extra keypads etc.. The buildings have power so i was going to run the pir and door contact 8 core back to the house and into the panel, as long as it has enough zones to cope with it.

The other alternative is to have a separate alarm system for the outbuildings but wire the bell/sounder in the house?. Ive also been thinking about a speech or sms dialler which i know i can do on the galaxy or texe panel.

so no company in the midlands or north of england would be able to help me set up my dsc alarm panel? Im sure there must be somebody. Please can some one point me in the right direction. many thanks

Yorkshire is the largest county, for example firms in Skipton, Scarborough, Selby or Sheffield would be liable to be disinterested in working in any of the locations stated apart from their home town.

Defining your location to the nearest town may prompt somebodies interest, however the concept of repairing or extending system which are not under maint agreement is quite alien to most industry std co.'s

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

so no company in the midlands or north of england would be able to help me set up my dsc alarm panel? Im sure there must be somebody. Please can some one point me in the right direction. many thanks

Why dont you contact the installer? I would guess they would be the only company familiar with DSC products in your area. Well them and British Gas

Yorkshire is the largest county, for example firms in Skipton, Scarborough, Selby or Sheffield would be liable to be disinterested in working in any of the locations stated apart from their home town.

Defining your location to the nearest town may prompt somebodies interest, however the concept of repairing or extending system which are not under maint agreement is quite alien to most industry std co.'s

Im in Sheffield, just want someone to help set it up, it does not need repairing and im sure someone can add a few more zones to the panel. Sorry but i dont mind if its not a big company, just a one man band who knows the panel will be fine. I appreciate you cant help but others maybe able to. Thanks

Im in Sheffield, just want someone to help set it up, it does not need repairing and im sure someone can add a few more zones to the panel. Sorry but i dont mind if its not a big company, just a one man band who knows the panel will be fine. I appreciate you cant help but others maybe able to. Thanks

You really think it is quite as simple as that? Let me put it in context for you, you are asking people that mostly only speak english for someone to help you with Martian. A few of us can do it but we are too far away to help, or to busy earning money to want to ( I dont mean that in a rude way, I am just saying it how it is) . Speaking Martian is quite hard when you're used to only speaking English even with a translation dictionary, its not just the words its the order of words, it is unfamiliar territory for most and there is no benefit to anyone learning about a panel they are unlikely to ever come across again.

Its an unpopular panel for a reason, I could go on about the rise and fall of Castle Security now with the Omega panel but I wont

Economically its not a good idea either you cannot easily buy parts for that panel in the UK, and if you do find somewhere they will be overpriced so when it does finaly go wrong you would of wasted your money trying to update it. When you could of purchased a more popular panel

Changing the panel seems ungreen and a waste of good equipment, but trust me you will struggle to find someone that can or is willing to want to help with that panel. The guys here are happy to help you with your project but none of them will want to help with something they are unfamiliar with

All I wanted was to see if someone would come and look at the panel if they had knowledge of it, im quite prepared to pay the going rate. As no one has a clue about this panel ill look at alternatives like the galaxy or the tele. So can someone give me some ideas of install costs on these two systems. Say 4 pirs, 6 contacts, 4 smoke and auto dialer, plus panel. Many thanks

Its an unpopular panel for a reason,

60ml away & enough yrs ago for me to be young & almost enthusiastic, we had the UK importer who sold to trade & public alike , it was quite a site to behold seeing a Diyer getting a free tutorial in PC1510 (or whatever).

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

60ml away & enough yrs ago for me to be young & almost enthusiastic, we had the UK importer who sold to trade & public alike , it was quite a site to behold seeing a Diyer getting a free tutorial in PC1510 (or whatever).

Sorry no idea what that means, yes im not a professional installer, thats why i joined a forum to get some advise or to find someone who could do the job for me.

Archived