Security Installer Community

New Camera Install, Ip Or Analogue With Baluns?

Driller

Been up to my elbows in it, got the door entry system sorted, audio only with intercom option between rooms using the CCTV as images on monitors.

After having a trawl, I really, really like the idea of these HD-SDI cams and the detail they give, but admit being slightly twitchy about being an early adopter re the suggested tech issues and higher prices and absolutely see what you mean now about IP not necessarily being appropriate/necessary.

Think I might play it safe for the moment and stick to standard analogue with coax/baluns and when the HD stuff has developed a bit swap it out later on.

That being the case, Samsung stuff seems a good bet (used mostly Techwin before) and their DVRs seem improved these days (installed an 8 cam SRD for a friend recently, very impressed).

As a slight aside, I installed some D-Tect 2s at the house before for flood activation/intruder detection. From a safety POV (ie anti vandal) they were put up high next to the cams but i regret having done this now as cats etc set them off.

For work I'd like to have them about a meter off the ground projecting parallel to the ground to avoid the moggies. I know the GJDs are OK for this but anyone reckon Risco Watchout or Optrex VX etc offerings would be better?

For work I'd like to have them about a meter off the ground projecting parallel to the ground to avoid the moggies. I know the GJDs are OK for this but anyone reckon Risco Watchout or Optrex VX etc offerings would be better?

Also have a look at the Texecom Premier External TD, mounting height between 1.0-1.4m

http://www.texe.com/uk/products/series/motion-detectors/premier-series/

Well hello my shinny fall piped friend,

Been up to my elbows in it, got the door entry system sorted, audio only with intercom option between rooms using the CCTV as images on monitors.

I don't have the time or money at the moment, but saw this http://tinyurl.com/buhbrkz & thought of the potential cool applications it could be used for

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Thanks for the link, that looks like a lot of fun. I can imagine that some day soon all of this stuff will be rolled into one unit like this which does the lot and which will be more affordable too.

Archived