Security Installer Community

Two Doors In Series

Firstly I would like to say hello to all.

Nice forum plenty of helpful advice.

About ready to purchase my alarm system, not quite decided the make, still researching.

It will be a wired system; the extension is almost completed, so while the house is in a bit of a mess I will run the wiring, and then decorate.

Now that brings me on to my question.

If I wired 2 doors in series and to the same zone, will both be exit/entrance doors?

I can’t see why not, but because I want it that way the answer is bound to be no.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Oh I see.

Well still in the research stage but Honeywell g2 flex 12 is high on the list.

Texecom Premier 24 is in the running or Accenta Gen4 is low on the list.

Basically I am finding it hard to wire everything on 8 zones, just need a few more for peace of mind.

Do not want to go wireless. I know technology has moved on, but I am a firm believer in testing and not taking the word of the manufacturer.

So how do you test if the anti jamming is working on a wireless setup?

If I could do this it would make my life easier with wireless.

Anyway plan is windows and doors contacts, pir’s in all rooms and glass break detectors downstairs.

You can also use the zones in the keypads on a premier 24 and just program them as zone 9 and 10 etc.. even easier if you have a keypad near to your doors. Its no problem wiring a couple of door contacts in series, until something goes wrong and then you have to work out which one is faulty/causing issues.

Wireless is far easier but the door contacts are usually bulky and won't fit easily to pvc door edges and of course you need to change batteries from time to time..

• 5 weeks later...

Archived