Security Installer Community

Hd-Sdi, Is It All Its Cracked Up To Be?

Hi All,

i just wanted to check other peoples opinions here on HD-SDI cctv.

I recently purchased a HD-SDI camera and HD-SDI dvr, and i have to admit, during the day the images are amazing litterally like watching TV i suppose.

However i am dissapointed with the night vision, it is very fuzzy, i believe the correct term is "noise". Well theres loads of it, i would guess this image at night is basically useless.

The seller has told me this is normal, i even sent image snaps and he said it looks perfectly normal to him, that the night vision does suffer from "noise" and that is common with HD-SDI as they use CMOS sensors.

Any others can enlighten me on whether HD-SDI generally has bad quality night vision, or if i should be returning my camera for another...

thanks

James

Hi All,

I recently purchased a HD-SDI camera and HD-SDI dvr, and i have to admit, during the day the images are amazing litterally like watching TV i suppose.

However i am dissapointed with the night vision, it is very fuzzy, i believe the correct term is "noise". Well theres loads of it, i would guess this image at night is basically useless.

The seller has told me this is normal, i even sent image snaps and he said it looks perfectly normal to him, that the night vision does suffer from "noise" and that is common with HD-SDI as they use CMOS sensors.

Any others can enlighten me on whether HD-SDI generally has bad quality night vision, or if i should be returning my camera for another...

thanks

James

What model and spec? I have used a few MP Mobotix Dalmier and Arecont cameras with mixed experiences, mostly good.

Hi All,

thanks

James

try posting an image here.

the camera has IRs built in... and they are on, i can see them...

But to be honest, i do not believe the camera can... i mean that is supposed to be an out door camera with 30 metres night vision... but its not very bright is it

i should point out that picture i just took over the network, which i think is limited to 720p... but even so, it doesnt look like 720p in night vision to me...

You need some decent lighting. Built in lighting is always cheap and poor. Better than no lighting but not much. Add a decent emitter and you will be ok

Hd sdi is a good standard but it looks like you have low end cameras

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

it does have a load of settings on the camera itself, via an OSD... i did play about with them when i was last testing it... and if i remember right there was a shutter speed... but i dont think i adjusted it...

Will be back in office tomorrow and will see what happens if i adjust that...

thanks for the tip

Archived