Security Installer Community

Need A System Bit Help Needed

pike25lb

hI ALL i bought a maplans £300 cctv system pile of pap took it back

so i have a 40tf gargen with dog pens at the bottom around 25ft away from house i have a small security light up on house

so iam looking for a recorder box of some sorts add cameras later

i just need 1 camers at the min the garden is darness apart from when light gets set off so a need a good camera to see in the dark maybe if the light fails or brakes and to see faces of potential dog nappers lol

i called in a shop today he was adviseing HD SDI ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND ALSO AMEGA PIXEL IP

i just want your advice of people that used and know they type of camera i need for what i need it for

budget say £500 for recorder and 1 camera thanks,,,

the man was talking to me about varifocal lenses also saying you can youse a computer tower for hard drive but av to buy some £60 softwere for it

there that much out there to choose from will av a look what you said thanks,,

anyone else

also whats the benefits over a dome to a normal one

ok for starters no camera can see in total darkness. You can either use full on Image intensification which is very expensive or you can provide some light.

that light can be visible (white light) or with an ir sensitive camera ir can be infra red light.

first up you need to sort out your capture (ie camera and associated lighting etc) then you can look into recording

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The problem is any camera needs light. The cameras that claim silly low light levels achieve this by slowing the shutter down. Looks wonderful when nowt is moving. As soon as anything does it looks like you have a ghost in shot. IF you see anything at all.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived