Security Installer Community

Field Service Software

DBoyd

Hi

As this is my first time posting please forgive me if anything seems daft!

I am looking for recommendations for a software package to run a small security company that will link to the engineers in the field to allow us to run more efficient.

Can anyone advise

Thanks

There are a few depending on your budget we use Alarm master from PC Data, but there is Cash from Mentor, Winsims, Kiss, and several others.

Google any of the above you should find what your looking for

Pete, jog my memory.

Do your chaps use android tablets in the field ?

I have some android tabs that I have considered trying on AM, I had the pda's for a while but they kept loosing connection. Jeff has had more success than me using PDA's and I believe he uses andriod phones . ATM I have bigger fish to fry than playing around with bollox

Jef's a htc windows mobile set up?

AM mobile is something I would like to do, but time + money are holding me back

It was a time thing for me too I paid for it for a couple of years, got the pda's and paid for Phil to come down to set it up, but the PDA's would not stay connected and the engineers kept forgetting to check if they were connected, so we ended up phoning them and once we had done that it seemed quicker and more sensible to tell them where to go.

I thought it was Chinese HTC Andriods he had?

Now the HKC has the Droid software available I will be looking at tabs for the engineers with manuals, our CCTV software, HKC software, and AM. In car charging would be a priority though

recall htc touch pro 2's,( windows mobile with a slider from china)

Yep HTC touch pro 2 with windows because the licence is free. You pay for android and IPhone app per phone.

The system is so much more evolved for us. Every job on the PDA is suited to the task. The diary colour gives status of eng at a glance accepted, on route or on site. Today we discussed the pros and cons of customers seeing the call charge on the job sheet. Beauty is we can edit all this. We have other work in progress because we're evolving. The ARC on test isn't working great as it times out after 15mins. But I can pretty much control all van stock and time sheets as well as programe engineer time with ease. I really must do som vids.

Customers!

Archived