Security Installer Community

Field Service Software

DBoyd

Forgive me as i may be mistaken, what your talking about here is an app conected to alarm panels. If im correct then as far as im aware visonic have it. If Adrian is following this topic then he may be in a possittion to confirm that im sure i saw this working with Premier quite a few years ago and for Adrians benifit it was Colin that showed it to me in a prototype form, where he could set/unset switch outputs etc, etc. The system is not compliant and was never likely to be adopted.

Customers!

Agreed re launch dates. Its nice to see the dev roadmap and what's coming but as with everything I want all that yesterday. The thing I really like is discussing the dev and what ideally we want and how it should work and getting it. It may take a little longer than I would like but at least I know im getting features ideal to me and the way we work. Id watch this space too there is a lot lot more coming that is very interesting

I find it amusing reading the above not that HKC wont come through, but that the number of things we get told is coming from other R&D and it never arrives. Only this week i was told that the current chip for our panel is now full. Ha! When was the last time i was told that had been future proofed. 10 year old prototye touch screen with a telphone built into the RPK. direct connection via IP so we can change the display all for £300. Prototype works and was exibited but its obviously to rich for the industry

Customers!

Forgive me as i may be mistaken, what your talking about here is an app conected to alarm panels. If im correct then as far as im aware visonic have it. If Adrian is following this topic then he may be in a possittion to confirm that im sure i saw this working with Premier quite a few years ago and for Adrians benifit it was Colin that showed it to me in a prototype form, where he could set/unset switch outputs etc, etc. The system is not compliant and was never likely to be adopted.

The prem one might have been one of those SMS type ones, you click the set button and it sends the 'set' sms command?

I know others have it, but I want one from a good wired panel. I know Risco have a good app for the Agility, but again its wireless.

I find it amusing reading the above not that HKC wont come through, but that the number of things we get told is coming from other R&D and it never arrives. Only this week i was told that the current chip for our panel is now full. Ha! When was the last time i was told that had been future proofed.

I think that was another one of the reasons for Texecom developing the Prem Elite.

With the prem you can do what you want, as long as your prepared to wright the code (control4 link below)

http://www.extravegetables.com/products/texecom-premier

But you would think with smart phones/tablets been out for some years now that native app's would be a big selling point for the manufacturers of panels.

We all want our own panel, that is just ours. We also want ultimate flexibility inside our panel. However none of us are prepared to fund our own panel. So we try to find the best panel that suits us. For ourselves we used to be a castle shop +10 yr ago. It was a good product, after we stopped using it. It is now IMO being ruined by pyronix's ideas. Would of been a great panel if tonys view had continued. SO back then we went to galaxy. Again great panel but i think they are doing a scantronic, ie we are great and we need to do very little. Our new panel is the flex (mosaic) and we know you will all love it cos we know best......

So i went with the firm that reminded me of the best of castle when it was innovating.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The prem one might have been one of those SMS type ones, you click the set button and it sends the 'set' sms command?

No it was an app. And it looks similar to the link Simlec posted. My view is its a gimmick and to far off standards.

Customers!

So i went with the firm that reminded me of the best of castle when it was innovating.

Castle innovations...

the term "endstation" ?

multi endstation syystems ?

"confirm group" ?

"guard code" ?

nothing else springs to mind, anybody else able to add to the list ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived