Security Installer Community

Power For Outdoor Camera

mike1002

Hi.

I am looking to fit a wireless CCTV camera outside (i understand the quality etc may not be as good as hard wired, but due the resitrictions on the property i am unable to route any more cables).

I am looking to replace an exsisting outdoor light with the camera.

The light is currently running from an electrical ring main spur (the cable with the 2 wire ends).

The cameras i am looking to purchase are obviously DC only.

Am i able to purchase anything to convert the wires to a DC in ( something like this http://www.camyco.co.uk/cctv-tools-accessories/sub-category-1/male-dc-plug-with-terminal-block.html)

That will give me the correct connector

Will that connector be suitable for wiring up the camera?

I assume that that will still be AC power...? and as soon as its connected its going to blow up my camera?

Is there anything that will be able to convert this at the camera end rather than at the other end?

Thanks,

Mike.

Am i able to purchase anything to convert the wires to a DC in ( something like this http://www.camyco.co...inal-block.html) No

That will give me the correct connector But wrong voltage and AC

Will that connector be suitable for wiring up the camera? No

I assume that that will still be AC power...? and as soon as its connected its going to blow up my camera? Yes

Is there anything that will be able to convert this at the camera end rather than at the other end? Is the camera in an enclosure?

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike as previous I would seriously give consideration to getting a qualified person to sort for you.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived