Security Installer Community

Hi all,

This is my first ever post in any forum......ever! But I'm really stuck.

I have a Phillips/Bosch CSI autodome camera G3A

A storage options DVR -IS 1202761258

And a Xvision joy stick

The camera has its own 24v ac power supply, I have it all hooked up and working, when I start the camera up, it moves around and focuses in its home position, but that's it, I can't then control it through the joystick or the DVR.

It is connected using RS485 like this

+ - RXD

- - TXD

The camera has a number of dip switches to which I don't know what they do, they are all in the off position which I think gives a baud rate of 9600, I have matched that on the DVR and set it to Pelco-P.

The joystick simply has a 12v feed and a + and - output.

Please can somebody help me make this spin?

Dipswitch 2 in the bank of four needs to be set to on to change the telemetry to RS485. The other three don't do anything so leave them off. The dome should automatically adjust the protocol and baud rate when it recieves its first telemetry input (Pelco P, D or Bosch). You can try setting the address to 0000, which will make to dome respond to commands from any address (OK if you only have one camera or for testing!) Aslong as you have the telemetry on the controller set to one of those protocols, DIP 2 is on and you have the RX/TX wired the right way round (try reversing them at one end) there's no reason it won't work.

Trade Member

• 3 months later...

Archived