Security Installer Community

Changing From Classic Sprite 2 To Newer Version, But Need Help!

tank_fv101

Hello everyone,

I'm currently using a Dedicated Micros Sprite 2 (old rounded version), and I am about to receive a secondhand new version.

What I am stuck on is how to connect my PTZ cameras. Forgive my lack of knowledge of the technical terms, as this is for a home system! I've tried to work it out with the DM Manuals, but my brain won't compute!!! As you'll probably know, the classic model allows you to connect the Bus wires for the PTZ in the green terminal block, but the new model only accepts the D Type connection. I'm guessing I'd need to buy a Male 9 pin D Type plug for Serials 3 & 4? So, should two wires originally from the green terminal block go to Serials 3 & 4 instead? Finally, which wires would go where?

Currently I have....

Bus A: +=White

-=Green

Bus B +=Red

-=Black

I'm fine with knowing which number is which on the pins of the D Type.

Many thanks for your help, as I just can't figure it out!!!! :rolleyes:

Chris.

Sorry, I meant D Type Sockets, as per this item:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODULAR-ADAPTOR-RJ45-9WAY-D-SOCKET-UNBRANDED-MHDA9-SMJ8-M-K-/390456134409?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5ae8ffcb09

I was going to use it with the RJ45 cables as I've used Cat5e from the American Dynamics PTZ.

Pins 1 and 9 IIRC

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm currently using a Dedicated Micros Sprite 2 (old rounded version), and I am about to receive a secondhand new version.

What I am stuck on is how to connect my PTZ cameras. Forgive my lack of knowledge of the technical terms, as this is for a home system! I've tried to work it out with the DM Manuals, but my brain won't compute!!! As you'll probably know, the classic model allows you to connect the Bus wires for the PTZ in the green terminal block, but the new model only accepts the D Type connection. I'm guessing I'd need to buy a Male 9 pin D Type plug for Serials 3 & 4? So, should two wires originally from the green terminal block go to Serials 3 & 4 instead? Finally, which wires would go where?

Currently I have....

Bus A: +=White

-=Green

Bus B +=Red

-=Black

I'm fine with knowing which number is which on the pins of the D Type.

Many thanks for your help, as I just can't figure it out!!!! :rolleyes:

Chris.

ftp://files155.cyberlynk.net/DS2ClassicManual.pdf

here you go click link download the read manual for info you need

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived