Security Installer Community

Galaxy Wont Set A1 And A2

Paddy007

Hi all,

Im having a problem with a galaxy intruder alarm panel. Basically its in a retail unit, the system is set up with 4 areas.

A1-parimeters

A2-Internal

A3-cash office

A4 warehouse

At about 5 o clock the client sets A3 and A4 succesfully, then at about 10 o clock the client will set A1 and A2 before departing the store. The problem is when A1 and A2 are set, the alarm triggers straight away. Ive been called out on friday when this happened, checked all zones and their programming which looks ok (as it should be as this alarm has already been working).

So in order to establish which area is fault, I set A1 and A2 individually, and they set as they should, but wont set together!!!!!! So I re-programmed some zones so A2 can be set while at the keypad with a 10 second countdown and then they can set A1 before departing, and this worked while i was there and i tested it a few times before I left.

Tonight just as I sat down to unwind the phone starts to ring and guess what, the alarms at it again!! Now it may be user error because they said they were setting early as a trial but dont attend site until 22:00 as there are staff still in the store, but I was just wondering has anyone seen this before??? Is there a fault with the panel that it wont allow 2 areas to be set at the same time??? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Paddy007

Could be a number of things. Does the log not offer any clues? It should tell you exactly what is happening. When you say it "won't set together", what do you mean? The panel won't allow you to start setting? Or they just fail to set? First off, I would get the customer to show me what they are doing through the keypad, though don't be tempted to prompt them if they're making a mistake.

Trade Member

basically when they try to set both A1 and A2 together its activating after they exit the final door. And the log is displaying full set on A1 and Cancel for A2. But when I set A1 on its own and exit the building, its working and when i set A2 on its own its also setting correctly - it just wont set together. Iv re programed it so they can set individually and its working fine ( the call out tonight was user error) but Im confused why they wont set together?

Ive seen how they are setting the system and they are doing everything fine, and this alarm was installed a few years back so they are use to it. I was thinking it may be a software issue with the panel?

Any setting logic setup for the groups?

When i fails to set, what zone shows while setting?

Whats the exit times fro the groups?

Any PAs pressed as they cancel the set without any display fault?

Falut on a detector is most likely.

When was the battery last tested/changed?

More panel and pheripherals details needed.

Its Galaxy 60, would a battery fault conflict with a set? (never thought of that) No faults are displaying on keypad. Ive checked detectors on display zones menu and they are showing closed when im standing at keypad before setting, also both areas are setting sucesfully when set individually and are not causing false alarm during the night.

A1 is set up with front door as final - will set when opened/closed, Ive programmed A2 to arm after 10 second countdown, as no detector will be activated while setting at keypad. ( maybe this would conflict eachother? )

The client is happy with changes made and setting individually but I would still like to find a reason why this has happened.

Any setting logic setup for the groups?

When i fails to set, what zone shows while setting?

Whats the exit times fro the groups?

Any PAs pressed as they cancel the set without any display fault?

PA in cash office but no problem with that area. Only zones that show open when setting is my Exit PIR and front door.

Its Galaxy 60, would a battery fault conflict with a set? (never thought of that) No faults are displaying on keypad. Ive checked detectors on display zones menu and they are showing closed when im standing at keypad before setting, also both areas are setting sucesfully when set individually and are not causing false alarm during the night.

A1 is set up with front door as final - will set when opened/closed, Ive programmed A2 to arm after 10 second countdown, as no detector will be activated while setting at keypad. ( maybe this would conflict eachother? )

The client is happy with changes made and setting individually but I would still like to find a reason why this has happened.

PA in cash office but no problem with that area. Only zones that show open when setting is my Exit PIR and front door.

you need to do a 44 trace for each group to see whats happening,i think from what you have said the system isnt activating but when setting groups 1 & 2 with group 1 being final set,you get your set tones then its starting to set group 2 which may be timed set which the customer thinks is an activation,what you have done will solve the problem or you could prog the door as final for groups 1 & 2

you need to do a 44 trace for each group to see whats happening,i think from what you have said the system isnt activating but when setting groups 1 & 2 with group 1 being final set,you get your set tones then its starting to set group 2 which may be timed set which the customer thinks is an activation,what you have done will solve the problem or you could prog the door as final for groups 1 & 2

I think you might be right about it starting to set group 2, and then the customer is walking into the shop causing an activation... My god the answer is always so simple when you find it!!! whats happened here is im arriving on site at 10pm, the client wants to go home and is insisting theres something wrong, if he just didnt rush me I might have spotted what you just said!!

Thanks for the help goncall and everyone who responded... cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you not put a * in the group option on the final cicuit of area 1 so as when they exit by it it'll do both areas 1 and 2 together to avoid confusion with exit tones continuing

Trade Member

Archived