Security Installer Community

Cctv Using 2 Visbox Units

ifindoubt

Hi,

Having a few problems with a site, where I have installed 2 digital radio mel visbox units, one unit is for a camera in one shed and the other for a camera in another shed, the receivers are both located on the main shed approx 6" apart.

I have a cat5 cable running from the dvr to a join, then a cable running from the join to the 1st visbox receiver, and then onto the second.

Both receivers are powered separately from different power supplies, however I am using an 8-core to the 1st rec. and then from it to the second rec. both power supplies for the receivers are using the same 3A spur.

The problems I am having is major interference on both video signals when both sets of visbox's are in operation, if I disconect one, the other works ok, and likewise if I disconect that one and power up the other it works ok.

The both dont seem to work when operated together, I have tried a different 2 sets and still the same problem,and I'm going out to site tomorrow with another 2 sets.

Does anyone haveany suggestions to try?

many thanks,

Jordan

do you mean locate both receivers further apart? if so would this help and how much further?

They are digital tx and rx and apparantly the channel is pre-programmed inthe factory and there is no way of changing the channel, the older analogue visbox had selectable 4 channels.

they do not have selectable channels according to mel and videcon, as they are digital units they have them pre-programmed at the factory :? The analogue ones you could select channel 1 - 4

the distance between each transmitter and receiver is no more than 15-20metres. and are fitted on the outsides of tin sheds.

Archived