Security Installer Community

Replacement For Securit 700

Hi all,

I have an old Securit 700l installed in my house, been there since 1996 according to the paperwork, I have been in 8 years and its been fine. It has now stopped functioning and i have decided it is time for an upgrade.

I am therefore looking for a reliable DIY alarm that I can install in its place. I am hoping to use the working PIRs internal sounders and panic buttons as well as existing wiring.

I need a new bell box and keypad and want to add a couple more PIR's.

Makes a total of

8 PIRs

2 door contacts

2 panic buttons

The wife would like an attractive looking keypad.

Also is it possible to program so I can enter the house either through the front door, where the keypad is situated, or through the garage, which would have either a PIR or a door contact but i dont have a keypad at this end of the house.

cheers

Ed

Sorry, diy panels are designed (ie b&q wickes etc) are not designed to be installed by people with no skills. If you can imagine the support calls required it would be cheaper for the manufacturers to go to site and install it for them. That is why only carp and low end kit is available from these places as its designed to work in a set way with minimal issues for whoever is screwing it to the wall.

From your original scope no. There are plenty of panels out there that will do whatever you could possibly desire. But as i said from your original remit none are designed for DIY use, ie the usual buyer that has no skills what so ever.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Well I said DIY as I am not an alarm engineer.

However I am a good DIYer and ex BT Systems engineer and build PC's etc Also kept the Securit going etc

I was looking at one of the pro makes rather than the DIY Store variety.

And just wanted some recomendations. Whether they would all meet my needs.

Regards

Ed

Not sure what DIY panel will do this (i presume its all wired) as you will need a zone expander for the extra 4 zones.

I would install a Gardtec 600 with zone expander, one keypad at door and one at garage.

Bellbox i would suggest a Pyronix Databelle Plus (backlight at night).

You dont get a full manual with the above though, only a quick start guide which is as much use as a chocolate watch if you have never used gardtec equipment before.

!

Archived