Security Installer Community

Sd1 Problem

D4v3y_S

Hi guys, Having a very strange problem with an SD1 speech dialler and was wondering if anyone here could chuck some ideas myway.

Right, Iv recently installed a Veritas R8 into a domestic property, connected to this which is triggered off the bell output is the SD1. When i was finishing off the install i couldnt get the SD1 to dial any of the numbers id programmed into it which i found strange as iv installed many of these in my 8 years experience in the trade and as many of you guys know on here the SD1 is simple, reliable and almost has a plug and play quality.

So then, i did all the usual checks Line volts, filter, connections, voltage etc with still no joy. Thinking it might have been a cable issue i disconnected it all, wired it directly in the phone socket, rigged 12v off a battery and manually forced the SD1 to dial out with a short accross negative and input A. Still nothing!!!!!!! The Sd1 was giving out all the signs that it was dialing but nothing i.e. keypad locking out and even if i connected a landline phone to the socket i was using i could hear the message being played.

So now i was thinking there was a fault with the SD1. So over the last couple of days iv been taking my bodged SD1 which is cable tired to a battery around to other seperate sites to test it on there phone lines and low and behold it works everytime. Returned back to the domestic property this evening for a second attempt and Nothing, same symptons as before, i then came home connected it up and it worked perfectly. Iv done all the obvious checks, phone line can dial out, different filters etc.

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

1 - Default the dialler, make sure its set to DTMF rather than pulse, and without pauses

2 - Is there ADSL / Broadband on the line, If so have you put a filter before the SD1

3 - Check if the phone line isnt on a home business tarif, Some use a 9 prefix depending on the hunt group they are on

• 2 weeks later...

Update!!!!!!

Thanks for your advice so far guys

Having tried everything recommended by yourselves and tech support i exchanged this SD1+ for another SD1+ and guess what? it still doesnt work down my customers phone line. So, for the past week iv tested it on a dozen different phone lines at different premesis and it worked everytime except.............. down  another Virgin phone line.

i find this impossible the believe that this SD1+ works perfectly fine down any phone line apart from a Virgin line?????????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

21 cn? but there is no kiss off so cant see why tbh, its not dialing a barred number from that line or anything??

What happens if you send the actual test off it, ie not with a trigger wire,but  test through the menu option. You normally hear the dallier pick up, dialing tone, dial, then play the message. It might give you a clue?

Have you put a T in front of the phone numbers to force it to tone dial, if not it will pulse dial, maybe virgin isnt compatible with old pulse dialling??

Just seen that PSE advised earlier

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived