Security Installer Community

Product Idea - Ip Signalling

Steve Howard

Thats odd ? Whats happened to my above post . . . If its been edited, Why ? It states above, no issue regarding pricing.

Yeah I saw the priced post(s)

When "admin" edits it don't leave an edit mark, when members edit there own or mods edit it leave an edit mark

Price wise OP's fees are more than my ARC tarrif

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Steve, as discussed before, your system really needs to give value add over what's available today. From your post, the only value add over a standard GSM dialler is that you're adding IP for regular polling and a bit of message routing. So, are customers going to pay an extra £10 a month for that polling /routing ? Based on my experience - I don't think so... As I said before, I think you need to think differently on the pricing level for this niche domestic market. Divide by a factor of 10 and I think you'll be in the right ball park.

Also, you'll need to throw in some extras to grab the attention. Ie. UDL and Extended SIA type messaging.

the only value add over a standard GSM dialler is that you're adding IP for regular polling and a bit of message routing. So, are customers going to pay an extra £10 a month for that polling /routing ?

OK - well lets forget my pricing !! - it wasnt a considered or researched level. I'm a bit confused on costs though. In the original IP signalling thread (where I signed up all of a week ago!) people were talking £700 for a years monitoring, now you're suggesting £18 a year might be right. Is the answer "there's a niche, but its small and price sensitive" - and am I wrong/ naive in thinking that a low cost alternative to bells only is a "good thing" ?

There is a niche, but today I believe it's being mostly covered by GSM single path low (relative) cost diallers. These have a high up front cost, then a low running cost. The £700 a year ATS based managed solutions are at the other end of the scale and although the equipment itself may not be worth £700 a year, there's a whole lot more to these types of systems than the TCD's alone.

Pse I can check the mod logs but the lads are a great bunch I doubt anyone would do anything wrong tbh mate.

(to add edit tag)

PSE's content deffo changed as saw it 1st time then back spaced the browser to see post a 2nd time with costings

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

There is a niche, but today I believe it's being mostly covered by GSM single path low (relative) cost diallers. These have a high up front cost, then a low running cost. The £700 a year ATS based managed solutions are at the other end of the scale and although the equipment itself may not be worth £700 a year, there's a whole lot more to these types of systems than the TCD's alone.

So where does the equipment / service cost for single path GSM sit in the market? Presumably the perceived 'improvment' from IP is just poll frequency and price?

Archived