Security Installer Community

Unique Cctv Camera Issue Help Please

reeves2k2

Hi in hoping someone can give me a little bit of advice regarding my problem

I have 2 cameras both are unbranded Sony exview had ccd ii with effio chips from Taiwan

I have 2 cameras at different angles pointing at the object (car) which is maybe 5-10m away

The cameras are correctly zoomed and focused but I also have a street lamp about 3-4m away from the object which is causing me a problem

The lamp gives off an orange light and it seems to be providing too much light for the cameras to switch to black and white mote thus the picture quality suffers once it is dark

I have looked around in the odd menu and fiddled with the day night setting but all I was able to achieve was get the camera into b&w and not switch back to colour

Is there any tips anyone can give me to help the situation

Unbranded is gonna be hard to give advice as we wont know the options. NOt all effio's are the same as its just the chipset.

But decent cameras have an option to adjust at what light level they switch over at. Maybe you can also adjust the gain and or increase the shutter speed a little.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi thank for the reply

I know it difficult with unbranded cameras

Re siting the camera isn't an option because it is the whole front of the house

I know in the menu it has options for day/night night/day delay but I tried tinkering but it made little difference and am unsure what the settings should be roughly to use as a guide

I did manage to get it into night mode but it didn't come out of it in the day but that was with the delay settings I think as it definitely does switch when it is dark enough Obviously the light is preventing it from doing so

Also what gain are you talking about? As I also know how to get into the manufacturers menu if needs be

The spec sheet I was given with the camera I have added as an attachment if it is of any use

post-44846-0-12597200-1358633354_thumb.j

post-44846-0-94800500-1358633366_thumb.j

Waterproof IR Camera (1) High resolution 1/3 SONY 700TVL,face note,face auto zoom,face detection,super WDR,3DNR,sony 811/810+AVS03 (2) High sensitivity in the dark environment, 0.01lux / F1.6, 0 lux(IR ON) (3) Varifocal len 4-9MM or 2.8-12MM (4) Special design, can adjust zoom and focus on the front (5) Smart Light Control to avoid over-exposure (6) Day and night features for 24-hour surveillance (7) IR distance: up to 40 meters with 42 IR LEDs (8) IP66, suitable for outdoor use (9) ATR(Adaptive Tone Reproduction), Gradation compensation to improve image contrast (10) NR(Noise Reduction), Noise reduction keeping image sharpness (11) High Color Reproduction: More excellent color reproduction (12) OSD, support English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian and Japanese Brand Sunivision MODEL AP-15217 Image Device 1/3” SONY TV Format PAL/NTSC Number of Pixel NTSC: 1028X508/ PAL: 1024X5966 Resolution 700 TV lines Sync.System Internal IR LED 42 units IR Effective Range UP to 40 meters Minimum Illumination 0LUX(IR ON) LEN 2.8-12MM (F1.6) ATR Yes Noise Reduction 2D-NR 3D-NR Day & Night Yes Privacy Mask8marks AF DetectorYes Motion Detection Yes White Pixel detection and compensation Static and dynamic OSD Yes(English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian and Japanese) Port Driver 16ports Automatic Mechanical Iris Adjustment Yes External SyncLL IP Rating IP66 AGC AUTO Mirror ON/OFF S/N Ratio ≥48dB Smart Light Control YES Gain Control Auto White Balance Auto(2500°K~9500°K) Electronic Shutter Auto E Shutter:1/60(1/50)~1/100000 Sec(PAL) 1/60~-1/120,000 Sec(NTSC) Back light Compensation AUTO Video Output 1.0Vp-p composite 75ohm Power Consumption 450mA Power Supply DC12V Operation Temp -10℃~+50℃ 

All that is useless. I dont use effio chipset cams we decided on pixim as a chipset but the cams we use have an option to adjust the switchover level. Its a must have in a decent camera imo. Can you send them back and get something better?

It does have a day night delay setting and vice versa

The actual picture from the camera is very very good Imo I just need to know if there is any way to adjust the camera to switch over to night mode

As the street lamp is causing an issue

The day/night night/day option goes from 0-300 I think

Thank I appreciate the pros advice but unfortunately sending them back isn't an option right now

I have found some other instructions that came with the camera which I have attached

And that isnt helping?
Hi James I'm not sure because I am not sure as a ballpark they should be at

post-44846-0-66184600-1358633823_thumb.j

post-44846-0-53009500-1358633841_thumb.j

post-44846-0-49958900-1358633860_thumb.j

Does it have an alarm input you can use to swicth from day night and put a timer on it?

The day/night night/day option goes from 0-300 I think

just keep playing with that setting till they change over in effect to early?

Archived